...Only to Fall

"The next wave's gonna hit any minute. What have you got, Stark?" Steve's voice rings through my ear piece after Ultron crashes somewhere away from us.

"Well, nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear." Tony tells us one of his ideas.

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan." Steve replies.

Tony sighs."Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're going to have to make a choice."

Thor and I continue fighting a few stray bots. "Cap, these people are going nowhere. If Stark finds a way to blow this rock..."

"Not 'til everyone's safe." Steve replies to me.

Natasha can be heard scoffing through the ear piece. "Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there."

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it." Steve explains.

"I didn't say we should leave." Nat quietly replies back to us.

I nod even though they can't see me. "There's worse ways to go." I agree with them. And also because I've been watching Game of Thrones with Sam.

"Yeah, besides where else am I gonna get a view like this? Natasha adds.

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better." Fury suddenly announces as the Helicarrier starts being visible over the edge of the flying city.

"Nice, right? I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do." Fury says and I can already hear his smirk through the ear piece.

"About time you showed up." I tell Fury as Thor and I stand side-by-side, watching the people start aboarding the rescue carriers.

"I told you it was going to be dramatic." Fury chuckles. Thor looks over at me and smiles. "You are always full of surprises aren't you."

I chuckle and nod. "Meh, just dramatic moments, it's what we do."

Thor shakes his head and scoffs. "We're not dramatic."

I raise and eyebrow at him. "You're the mighty Thor,god of thunder, son of odin and your brother Loki god of mischief was overdramatic most of the time, way too Shakespearean for me. And we always happen to show up just in time to save the day."

"Not this time." Tony interrupts me as he lands a few feet away from me. "Why not?"

"The anti-gravs are rigged to flip. Touch 'em, they'll go full reverse thrust. The city's not coming down slow." FRIDAY answers me.

"The spire's Vibranium. If we get Thor to hit it..." I start suggesting some ideas off the top of my head but FRIDAY quickly shuts them down. "It'll crack, but that's not enough, the impact would still be devastating."

Tony snaps his fingers as soon as an idea pops into that head of his."Maybe if we cap the other end, keep the atomic action doubling back."

Wait...I see where he's going with this and there are many dangerous outcomes for it. "Yeah, that could destroy the anti-gravs but..."

"That could vaporize the city, and everyone on it." FRIDAY interrupts me once again.

"You just love being a pessimist don't you FRIDAY." I scoff at Tony's suit since FRIDAY doesn't have a physical form.

"I am an AI I only..."

"Use equations and other crap, yeah I know. But I know the more mystical and supernatural side of it." I for once get the chance to shut up one of Tony's AIs. It feels good to be the smart one for a few seconds at least.