Cats and cuts (The Rake x Reader)

You were sneaking out the mansion with a handful of Grinny's food. It was around 8 pm and nobody saw nothing weird in you leaving the mansion, what got a couple of curious looks was the plastic bag --where the food was--you were carrying, but everyone decided not to push on the subject.

Why were you taking cat food into the woods? Well, to feed a cat, what else? You had found a black cat the other day wandering just outside the mansion, and after you pet him a bit he really seemed to attach to you, not leaving your side until you entered the house that day. Still then it found its way up your window, becoming an unofficial pet of yours. Sure, he wasn't your cat, but you decided to just get him some food as to.. well, not have him starve out in the wild. "Pluto? Pluto it's me, come here" you called out. You had just randomly decided to call him Pluto when you first met, making reference to a book you had read.

"Pluto, come out, I brought you food~" you cooed while looking for him. It wasn't the first time you went out, found him and played a bit with him, and it surprised you he hadn't made his way up to you already. "Plu--" you cut yourself out, hearing some rustling in some bushes. You grinned to yourself and crept silently towards them, poking your head as to not let him know you had found him. Big surprise you got when you didn't saw a cat but a humanoid creature there. It was naked, first thing you noticed; he was crouching over something, toying with its long claws. You stepped back, but crunched a twig in the process and caught the creature's attention.

Upon seeing you he jumped up at you, tackling and pinning you down to the ground. Your eyes went wide, and fearing he would do something to you you quickly scanned some files. "R-rake, I'm sorry I startled you!" you rushed, trying to get free but cutting yourself with his claws. He switched from a hungry grin to a shocked face then, leaning closer to your face as he spoke quietly, "How do you know.. my name?"

You tried pushing your head back and away from his to answer his question. "I can see it. Now could you please get off me?" you said, showing more confidence than that you really felt. The Rake 'tched' and pushed his claws deeper into your body, you could feel blood starting to drip from the wounds. He arched an eyebrow, startled by how you didn't scream or react in any way to the pain. "What..?" he growled, making you look up. "Ah, yeah. I can't feel pain. And I'm dead already so really, could you let me go?" you said almost shyly. You had grown up to being and undead already, but as you normally didn't say it straightforwardly it felt a tad weird.

"Oh, so you.. stay at the mansion.." he said, pushing himself up, cutting you more in the process. Either he didn't notice or he didn't care, but he still offered you a hand claw. You hesitated, and finished standing up on your own. "Thanks, though" you muttered as you dusted yourself off. He nodded, looking back at the bushes and sighing. You picked up your bag and looked over his shoulder, spotting a puddle of blood in the floor. You turned back at him, reading some of his stats as he intrigued you. After what you guessed were minutes you heard a weird loud noise and was brought back to reality by The Rake clapping in front of you.

"Jeez, I know I look weird but no need of staring at me like that.." he said looking away calmly. "A-ah it's not that!" you quickly said, not wishing to offend him, "I was just.. thinking of something" He looked at you and arched an eyebrow. "Really..? What about?" "Um..." you thought, quickly remembering the bag on your hand, "I was thinking of my cat! Well, he's not mine, but I was looking for him to feed him" you said, not specially lying, and showed him the food you had. He gave it a look before turning away, scratching the back of his head. "How does it look?" You were taken back by his question, but smiled anyways. "He's black. Not that big, but also not a kitten" you told him, looking around in hopes he was hiding near by. "Ah. About that... I happen to have.. gouged one of his eyes out just minutes ago" he said, giving you a sheepish look.

You flinched. Part of you couldn't believe it, the other part just being all 'oh well, can't say I'm surprised'. You nodded at him and turned around, as if to head back to the mansion, maybe have your wound checked up, when you felt something sharp around your wrist. Looking back you saw the Rake had grabbed you, and cut you a little. "Uh, but you know something? That cat.. he always comes back. Always. We could search for it.. if you'd like" he told you. You smiled at him. What he said was strange, but you were happy he seemed eager to help you find Pluto. Your cuts didn't feel that bad, you had taken worse wounds, so you nodded and turned to face him. "Alright, lead the way~"

After about half an hour of walking, searching and chatting, you gave up on finding Pluto, at least so you could call it a day. Rake insisted in walking you to the mansion, and you couldn't say no. He was nice after all, it just took a while to open up.

As the mansion came into view you heard a rustling noise followed by meowing, and turning back you saw Pluto eating from a small trail of cat food. You checked your bag, it was scratched and had a hole that let little food out. Laughing a bit at your luck you knelt and Pluto came to you, pushing his head into your hand as you pet him. You noticed he was scratched and missing an eye, as Rake had told you; and upon picking him up and turning towards Rake they both glared at each other, Pluto hissed and Rake couldn't stop a small growl. "Okay, I get it, you two don't get along well" you said before putting Pluto down, dropping the bag still half full of food at his side for him to eat. You patted his back once more before turning at Rake and walking to the mansion.

"Just why did you take his out eye?" you asked him, more curious than angry at him. Actually, really curious and not at all angry. He shrugged, "The thing was.. annoying" he said in a low growl and you nodded, admitting the cat could be a bit nosy. As you reached the mansion he offered you a hand, but upon seeing it he froze for split second before retracting. "Sorry for that. And.. for your wounds" he said looking away, you had honestly forgotten about them. You were indeed a little light-headed, probably for the blood loss, but still shrugged his apology away.

You were about to turn the knob when you felt something around your waist, and looking down you saw a pair of claws hugging you from behind. You couldn't help a smile and put your arms over his, patting them a bit after a while as you started bleeding more. He quickly moved away, scratching the back of his head once again. "See? Sorry.." he muttered. You wondered how his nape wasn't bleeding and shrugged his apologies away once more. He just nodded and knocked on the door before quickly running, or more like crawling, back into the woods. You were taken back a little, but shrugged it off once Masky opened the door.

"Oh god, Y/N, what happened to you? Come inside, come" The Rake heard from behind a tree. He chuckled a little as he saw someone dragging you into the house, meeting your gaze once more before you went inside.