Chapter One

Dakota's POV

The end of junior year was a relief. I had one of the worst years ever. My boyfriend of three years had broken up with me, and I had gotten in a huge fight with Kayla my best friend since before the first grade. Furthermore, in the midst of all that my uncle, that had molested me up until I was eight, was released from prison. So when school had ended it was a relief. I could go home and binge and re watch the whole series of Vampire Diaries, even if I lost my boyfriend, I could watch the wonderful and hot Salvatore brothers, and pretend to be Elana.

That summer was pretty uneventful. I got to talking to a guy from my school I had know, and went on one date but... he never tried to talk to me again. It was now three weeks before school starts and I just got my schedule in the mail. So I called up one of my best friends Fae, to see if she called hers. I picked up my gold LG smartphone and dialed her number. After three rings she picked up.

"Hey, did you get it?" she said in her perky voice.

"Ya." I said matching her perkiness.

"So what classes did you get?" she asked.

"For first I got math with Mrs.Holland, second I got English with Mr.Vickson, third I got Chemistry with Mrs.Bennet, forth I got Choir with Mrs.Rice, fith I got sign language with Mr.Lawson, and for sixth I got P.E. with Mrs.Watson." I said as I examined my schedule.

"How many do we have together." I asked.

"We have fourth through sixth together." she said.

"Amazing!" I squealed.

"So... change of topic" she said.

"...Ya?" I said hesitantly.

"How are you doing? I mean with your uncle and stuff..." she said sincerely.

"I'm fine." I said without skipping a beat. Not meaning a word.

"You sure?" she asked hesitantly. If she were here she would have known I was lying by the look on my face that appeared the instant she asked the question.

"Ya, I'm one hundred percent sure." I said. "We should watch a movie" I continued, trying to change the subject before she found out I was lying about my emotional status.

"Ya! I would love to, when?" she said.

"Today about... I don't know, eight or nine?"

"Ok how about eight and go get dinner after?" she said "Hey do you wanna invite Jasmine along too." she asked instantly.

"Ya, text her while I get snacks, k? I said

"K, love you" she said"

"Love you too" I said as I clicked off the phone.

I got off the phone with Fae and it was only four so I had time for a shower. I shared my house with my mom and my older brother that is about to move out in a couple of weeks. I left my room of solitude and walked out and grabbed a towel and ran into the bathroom before I got stopped and questioned by anyone. I got in the bathroom and locked the door right as I caught sight of my mom. I took of my baggy sweatshirt and sweats that revealed the old and fresh cut scars along my arms, and thighs. Right as I was about to turn on the water my mom yelled my name. And right as I was about to put on my cloths she yelled again.

"Nevermind you worth less piece of crap!"

This is what I have to deal with on a daily basis. She comes home from her full time job to this old rusty house and wonders why it's not clean and yells at me, not even my brother Caleb, and he's older. Probably because she thinks I'm why dad left.

Tears stream down my face because those words hurt like a dagger in my heart. I walk over to the toilet, move my hand around the back part till my skin hits a sharp razor blade. I take out my messy bun so that my hair falls down and ends at the middle up my butt. I grab the razor and hop in the tub and turn on the hot water.

I sit down and let the shower head drench my body. I look down at the razer blade and drew the silver across my body and made it turn red. Magic!

~~~

As I got out of the shower I looked in the mirror. I have hazel eyes and am 5'6". Unlocked the door and ran to my room and shut my door. I grabbed my skinny jeans and a long sleeve black shirt grabbed my black boots and my wallet and keys and grabbed my phone. I looked down to check the time, it was six. I set down my wallet and keys on my dresser set an alarm on my phone for seven-thirty and set my phone on the charger. Laid down and took a nap.