1

A/N
Okay first of all I just wanna apologise for the way I've written this book. It's very old, and it's almost embarrassing to see the way I used to write 😂. But hey, I guess you've got to start somewhere and I hope you enjoy the story nonetheless :)

Arabella's POV

I sit in my room, gazing out of the open window at the street below.
I love the feel of the cool breeze, blowing my long hair into my eyes.
I just sit there, daydreaming, about what life could be like, where I could go, if only I had the courage, and the money, to leave.
I'm an only child. I live with my parents, they're all I have.
I have no other family, and I've never allowed myself to grow close to anyone else, I'm constantly haunted by the fear of loss.

I watch as a black truck pulls up across the road from my house.
I don't recognise the car, and I don't think we're expecting anyone over tonight.
A tall, well built man, gets out of the drivers seat, followed by two more men and a very pretty girl.
They all look 20 something, around the same age as me. They look somewhat suspicious, all dressed in very dark coloured clothing, mostly blacks and greys.
I let out a gasp as I watch all four of them pull out and load guns.

"Alexis, go and hide, wait for the others. The minute they get here, start firing at them." The guy who was driving snaps at the girl.
The girl nods and hides in a bush by my front lawn.

Should I tell someone?

I can't help but be mesmerised by the goings on below me, so I continue to watch.

"Ashton, you're coming in with me, and Ethan, stay out here with Alexis" That same guy says.

"Yes boss" One of the guys replies as he walks away, I'm guessing he must be 'Ethan'.

Boss?
What is this, some kind of gang?
I should tell my parents...

I glance around my room quickly, suddenly feeling uncomfortable.
There's a loud banging on the front door.
I look down to see the boss and the guy who I presume is 'Ashton' at the door, guns in hand.
I hear my mum unlatch the door and I suddenly become very worried.

Then I hear a gunshot and I'm no longer watching.

Did mom just get shot? I can't believe I just sat here.

I'm guessing she did because I hear the two men suddenly storm into the house. My heart pounds as the tears stream down my cheeks.

They're gonna get dad next.

I can hear them aggressively searching round the house.

Why do they want to break in to our house. We own nothing of any value.

I hear the screech of breaks and look out the window to see another similar black truck pull up.
The girl hiding in the bush starts to fire at this other truck.
I think she runs out of ammunition because she soon stops shooting and makes a run for it.

What the fuck is going on?

Three boys, and a girl, get out of the truck and rush to my front door, but I notice the driver doesn't get out.

"Where is she?!" I can hear the 'boss' from the first truck tormenting my dad in the kitchen.

She? Who is 'she'? It can't be me they're looking for ...can it?

I glance back out of the window to see the driver finally get out of the second truck. I can't see his face, because he's wearing a SnapBack, with an oversized hoodie on top. His pants look a little too big as well and the crotch only seems to be a short way off of knee level.
He grabs a gun and jogs quickly around to the back of the house.

He's coming for me. Everyone's coming for me. This is the day I die.

I hear another gunshot and I know that my dad is gone.
My heart aches as the realisation sinks in, but somehow I'm too sad to do anything.

My parents are dead. I have no one else. I'm all alone in this world now.

My hands tremble as I attempt to wipe the tears from my eyes. Part of me is terrified at the idea of death, but part of me wants it to happen soon, seeing as I have nothing left to live for.

Maybe they won't look upstairs.

I hear the back door open and the guy comes in. He's being terribly quiet. I hear him creep upstairs, and the floorboard outside my bedroom door creeks quietly. I sit in the corner of my room, terrified, my head buried in my knees, bracing myself for my death.

The door opens and he stands there, alone, his gun pointing towards me...

--------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked the first chapter, more to come soon ;)