Chapter 6

Grace's POV

Once I was done talking with Marissa, she gave me a ride home.

She offered to stay, but I insisted that she go to the mall where I knew she would be meeting all her other friends for the big summer sale at Macy's.

She left, after the 10th time of me telling her it's okay, and that I'd be alright.

My mom and dad were both gome for work,so that left me alone in the house.

I sighed, I should've went back to work and not run like the coward I was, but I just didn't have the energy in me to go back and face Edward and everything he ignites me.

I needed to think and find out, what and why he caused the things he did.

I sighed again, I probably won't ever have a job tomorrow, and I wasn't even getting paid! My job at the beach was pure volunteering on my part.

I slumped into my leather white couch and thought of something to do to distract myself, or the very least help me think through everything.

I can always curl up with a good book, but to read all day? No.

I can always join Marissa at the mall, then again I don't really fit in with Marissa's other friends. No.

I sat there for a few minutes, debating what I could do, and it wasn't until I started sweating from the rising temperature in my house and the humidity from outside that I figured out what I was going to do: Swim.

I had a in-ground pool in my back yard that was constantly neglected due to the fact that I worked at the beach and swam there, and my parents only swam occasionaly. But, today, that pool seemed more then appealing. It was private, clean and I'm sure it was warm. Also, it was a great place to relax and still workout at the same time.

So, without a moments hesitation, I had stripped out of my tank top, leaving me in my bikini top and bottoms and swim-worthy bootie shorts.

I stepped outside on my concrete patio and took in the sun's hot raze and dived in the pool.

The cool water instantely washed away all traces of sweat and helped clear my mind.

I resurfaced from the deep end of the pool and started my excercise.

I had managed to wrap my mind soley around the workout my body was getting from swimming laps, but I was quickly overwhelmed with the thought of what Edward would look like wet... I wonder if he was a good swimmer... He must've been with those strong tanned arms...

I stopped swimming breast strokes and shifted myself to back strokes.

God, why was he so damn addictive, and sexy and... ugh!

I pushed my body harder and harder until my body was so numb that I could barely feel the strain on my muscles.

"Why do I keep thinking of you?!" I cried out as I kicked off the side of the pool.

"Why?!" I cried out to the air.

"Why do I care that you were ever with other girls?"

"Why do I think that I have some claim on you, damn it!?" I cried as I pushed my body to it's limits.

I asked myself all these things, hoping for some answer or sign but I knew I was not going to get any, which was why I was scared poopless when I heard a response coming from the patio.

I stopped swimming, and spun around to face the patio.

I froze when I saw a God standing before me.

"Edward."

------------------

DUH DUH DUH!!!!

REALLY SHORT I KNOW! BUT THAT'S WHY IT'S RE-CATEGORIZED IN SHORT STORY! :D

please,

COMMENT

VOTE

AND

FAN!<3,

Merry Christmas  to all! :D

love, Damonfan101