Chapter 13(teaser)

Grace's POV

The rest of the day was amazing. After my little conversation with Chad, I was so ready to forget everything and just be with Edward. The way Chad had me so confused, he cheated on me, but today.... he seemed to care so deeply.

Which was I wanted to forget it. I didn't need confusion, I needed Edward. I wanted Edward. But when Edward dropped me off at home that night, and I was comfortable in bed, having sayed goodnight to Edward through text as well, I received the text.

The text from him. Chad.

Hey,

I think we got out wires crossed today. I miss you, and I would love to talk to you... alone! Would you mind meeting me tomorrow after your shift? Maybe we can get some ice cream? Only as friends. I swear.

I sighed, I was tired and exhausted, and thinking back on it now, I blame my exhaustion on my answer.

I lay there in bed, debating what I could say.

I could say A) No. You cheated and I absolutely don't want you back in my life. Go away. B) Yes. I want to hear why you cheated, and wonder if all of this heartbreak was only temporary and maybe we can get back together? Or C) I think im 100% in love with Edward, you can't compare. Go away, and be gone!

Either way, no matter what I chose he deserved to hear this face to face and not through text. I not only owed him that, I owe it to myself as well.

I replied:

I work from 8-3 tomorrow, meet me at Memory Lanes Ice Cream at 4. We'll talk.

Before I can change my mind, I turned off my phone and tried to sleep. But I kept seeing Edward's face in my mind, how would he feel knowing that I was meeting with Chad. I should tell him. I will tell him tomorrow that I am meeting with Chad. I did not want him getting the wrong impression if he saw us together and I didn't tell him. I already had my heartbroken, I don't want it to ever happen again.

*** 

The next morning came quickly with only 6 hours sleep and a 7 hour shift of doing nothing coming up later this morning. 

I knew Edward was working only 9-2 so, I texted him before I left for the beach:

We need to talk, come see me at lunch?

I sighed, knowing that I would have to wait probably an hour and half for him to wake up.  

As I made my way to the beach, I wondered how I would be by the end of the day.

Edward's POV

The first thing I did when I woke up the next morning was check my phone.

*1UNREAD MESSAGE* 

I opened the message and my heart stopped when I read what it said,

We need to talk, come see me at lunch?

A hundred scenarios went through my mind after I read the message. Talk? About what? I thought we had a wonderful time yesterday once that Chad-douche was gone. What had he said to her? Was she leaving me?

I pondered this in the shower, and for the first time in a long time, I was scared. Over the past few days, I had grown so in love with her that I could barely imagine a day without her. She was so pure and kind, and beautiful, so opposite of me. She was my everything and I would be damned if I let that cheating son-of-a-bitch, take her away from me.

***

It was an hour into my shift and I was allowed my lunch break, I made my way over to a picnic table which I had texted Grace to meet me at. She looked stressed as I approached the table and it was then that my heart dropped. She was dumping me.

"Hey." I said, softly, wishing more then anything that this conversation wasn't about to happen. Grace was the best thing in my life and I was about to loose her.

"Hey- We need to talk."

------------------

So sorry this is only a teaser, I promised an update and I'm swamped with school work, and this was the best I can do! Hopefully friday or this weekend, I will have time to upload!

I have a math test to cram for and an essay due friday and a project/presentation due for tomorrow or monday! I'm hoping!

so please, bare with me

and remember to..

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

FAN! :D