Chapter 6

Marinette's P.O.V.

As we're eating our dinner, Adrien's phone rings. "Excuse me." I try to listen as hard as I can, until he goes far enough that all I can hear is the sound of forks on plates.

He comes back with a huge grin. "Guys, they asked me if I wanted to be in an upcoming movie while were here. Mari, could we extend the visit a bit longer?" He looked at me with those puppy eyes I couldn't resist.

"Oh, alright. But only until your movie is finished."

"Thanks, Mari! Really, thank you! Rai, Hugo, daddy's gonna be in a movie!" I smile at his happiness and stay like that all night, thinking about how lucky I am to be Adrien Agreste's wife.

*Next Morning*

"Hon, can you pass the cereal?" I ask Adrien.

He checks his watch and without even looking at me, passes the cereal. "Hey, they called me late because they just heard we were here, so we're starting filming today. Gotta go! Love you babe!" He kisses my cheek and I say a quick goodbye to him.

When I finish my cereal, my parents come up. "Sweetie? Me and your father are going to be gone for the day today and I really hate to ask you this on your vacation, but could you please watch the bakery for today?"

TODAY?! "O-oh... Umm sure! Don't worry, have fun!"

"Thank you, sweetie. Love you! We're leaving right now! Again, I'm super sorry about this, honey. Call us if you need anything!"

"I will! Bye..." I wave and they leave. I plop onto my bed, close my eyes, and sigh. I should get going. The bakery should be open in 20 minutes. I flip the "Closed" sign and sit, waiting for a customer to come. I start falling asleep when my phone loudly rings. I look at the caller ID. Chloe? Why would she call besides to order a bunch of pastries? But she would come herself if that was the case. Honestly, now that I think about it, why'd she call me that one night, all those years ago? She could've just come herself. Whatever. I answer the call and say "Hello?"

"IS THIS MARINETTE?" Chloe yells at the top of her lungs, obviously freaking out over something.

"Yes, it is. Chloe, did a hair fall out of place or something? Why in the world would you call me?" I answer. 

"YOU NEED TO COME TO WHERE ADRIEN IS RIGHT NOW! HURRY!" 

I start panicking, Adrien? IS HE IN DANGER? "WHY?! IS HE HURT?!"

"NO, HE'S KISSING ANOTHER WOMAN! HURRY, MARINETTE! HURRY!"

K-kissing another woman? I drop my phone and my eyes instantly fill with tears. Has Adrien been cheating on me? I slowly pick my phone up. "Thanks C-Chloe... I'll be right there-I guess..."

"JUST HURRY!" And I end the call. Then I snap to reality. I'm supposed to watch the bakery. I call up Rose, (I don't know how I still have her number) and she says she'd be glad to watch the bakery for me today. Everything's perfect. Except for the fact that Adrien's kissed another woman. 

*At the Studio*

I walk in, saying that I'm Adrien's wife and that I brought him a snack. Surprisingly, they let me in. I knew I wasn't the best liar, soooo I was very lucky. And don't they have snack here too? When I finally get up, I find Adrien in a chair, on break. 

I immediately walk over to him. "I really don't want to say this, but here goes. Chloe called earlier, s-saying you were kissing another woman. Adrien, are you cheating on me?" 

I ask him, and his eyes go wide. "Marinette, I would never do that. Why would you think that?" He asks, obviously sincere. 

So Chloe was lying... I clench my fist and grit my teeth. That little brat. "Chloe just called saying that you were kissing another woman so here I am."

Adrien chuckles. "She must've seen me kiss Liz's hand. Mari, that was part of the story. My character is supposed to like Liz. I would never, ever, cheat on you. Mari, you of all people should know that." 

I nod and hear high heels clicking on the floor. "MARINETTE! DID YOU TALK TO HIM?" Chloe runs over and her face is filled with worry. 

"Chloe, Adrien only kissed her hand, and it was part of the script. Were you trying to trick me?" I ask.

"NO! I WAS SERIOUSLY WORRIED THAT HE WAS CHEATING ON YOU!"

I smile. "Since when did you care about me?"

"W-Well, I wasn't really caring about you... I was just worried about Adrien. I didn't want his love life to be ruined... Cause I know how much he loves and cares for you." She mumbled the last part, but I heard it all.

"Thanks, Chloe. For everything. Even though it was a false alarm."  I then smile sincerely and pat her shoulder.

"You're welcome. I knew I was useful. Everybody adores me!" I roll my eyes at her attempting to lie. Someday, she's going to admit it. She cares for me. Even if only one, tiny spot is for me, she still cares for me. No matter what.

Life After Marriage (An Adrienette Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara