19. Glimpses Of Hell

*3rd person p.o.v*

"Um hi Charlie, have you seen Niall?" Ally asked him.

Ally's eyes swept across the clean and clinical brown room. The files were stacked neatly, the desk looked recently polished. Everthing looked perfect. Almost as if it was cleaned only moments ago...

"Take a seat Allyson." Was the only response she got.

"Where's Niall Charlie?" Ally asked him, now suspicious.

"He's not here." Charlie said smugly. "This isn't his phone either darling." He added when Ally looked at it , puzzled.

"What the hell is going on?"

"Give me a breather will you?"

"I'm calling Niall." Ally stated.

"Oh by all means do. It'll only wire into this phone." He told her. Ally called anyway and sure enough, the phone Charlie was holding lit up and started ringing. Ally gaped at it in horror.

"I don't-"

"Understand? Well, Martha was wrong. You are the clear distraction. You're distracting Niall." Charlie finished. Ally's face switched from confusion to disgust as she realized what Charlie had done. Flashes of the little beetle- like object in her house whizzed through her mind.

"The bug. You put that thing in my room didn't you." It was a statement not a question and she only received a triumphant smile as a response.

"That's it. I'm out of here. You're psychotic." Ally added, getting up to leave. Charlie merely laughed.

"No point sweetie." He told her, as he quickly grabbed Ally's phone from her before she could register his movements. She kicked his shin. He pushed her onto the chair.

"Sit down." He spat. Instead, she ran at the door and tried to open it with no such luck. It was jammed shut.

"Let me out." She hissed.

"Hear me out." He answered. She sat down without a choice.

"Fine. What do you want Charlie?"

"Leave Niall." Ally snorted.

"Never."

"Well then watch his career burn." He snarled.

"You can't ruin his career. They've got talent and they'll be big without you." Ally snarled back. He laughed a cold laugh.

"Is that what you think? Millions of critics are watching their every move and without me they'll be nothing."

"They'll always be One Direction."

"Ah but what is One Direction without their fans?"

"What are you on about? They'd never leave them."

"That's what you think darling. The media's driving them crazy. I'm the only one who can control them. Imagine if they caught a whiff of Zayn's smoking that started again, or the last fight Louis and Eleanor had or even the reckless things Liam is doing with Sophia."

Ally's eyes widened with every word. Charlie was going to rat them out. They weren't perfect, they made mistakes too but even she knew the media would eat them up alive. A scandal that many would be devastating.

"You wouldn't."

"Oh but I would. Unless..."

She knew asking would make her regret it. She knew she'd do anything for Niall.

"Unless what?"

"Unless you leave him and there's finally a single member."

Finally a single member.

"I can't."

"You have to. Imagine if I told the media everything and said it was all you?"

"Niall would never believe you." She spat.

"Ah yes but everyone else will and in time so will he and then he'll leave you himself." Charlie said.

"Fuck you." Ally replied. Charlie just smiled coldly.

"So you agree."

She didn't comment. It was an observation. She looked away. She couldn't look him in the eye. He disgusted her. He reminded her so badly of her sister's killer. So badly.

"When?" She asked, defeated.

"Now."

She cringed. She was hoping for some more time to say goodbye. She wasn't ready to let go now. But something in her knew that there would be no use begging for time. He'd only devour her weakness.

"Fine."

"Good girl." He said in a honeyed tone. She flinched and shot him a disgusted tone. He tossed her her phone.

"Don't even think about calling someone else." He said in a sing song voice.

Damn it, she thought.

"How could you do this? How could you be so- so cold hearted?" She spat.

"Oh I've done it before dear. Payzer?
Down. Dani got off easy. Didn't take much. You however are being a huge effort."

"Dani and Liam? It was you who told Liam Dani was loosing interest wasn't it? How could you?"

"By planting evidence. Now don't try to change the subject. Call him." He replied impatiently.

Her thumb hovered briefly over Niall's picture before pressing call. It rang for a few second which dragged of foverer before he picked up.

"Hey there." He answered.

"Hey."

Please don't throw up, she thought to herself.

"What's up?"

"I've been doing some thinking."

Please don't hate me, she thought.

"Yeah? Hey are you okay? You sound kinda upset."

"I'm fine."

Help me please, she screamed inside.

"If you say so."

"That's not the point. I think we should break up." There was silence as she heard him, take a sharp intake of breath.

"Ally," He said in a tone of forced calm. "We've been over this okay? Everthing's going fine, my mom loves you, I love you."

"No Niall. You don't get it." Charlie cleared his throat and Ally looked up at him. He gave her a look that literally yelled 'do it now'. "I can't do this anymore I'm done."

"Ally just calm down and-"

"I'm already calm Niall! I don't want to do this anymore. Don't make this harder." Ally screamed frustrated.Hot tears were now sliding down her cheek.

"But Ally..." His voice cracked. "I love you."

"It doesn't matter. It's over. Bye Niall." Ally whispered before hanging up and throwing the phone at Charlie. Charlie dodged it and it fell and broke but not before ringing once.

"There's five grand in your bank account."

"You make me sick." Ally whispered. He only smiled. Ally got up and ran outside. She hid behind the building's alleyway and threw up. Then she ran to the streets.

"Taxi!" She screamed like a deranged person. A cab finally stopped and she got home soon enough.

The minute she entered her apartment she shut the door and ran into each room. She tore the bugs out and stamped on them, shaking the whole time. Finally when they were all destroyed. Images of her times with Niall, the rest of the boys, El, Danielle, Lou, Perrie even Paul flashed through her mind. In hindsight everything made sense yet everything was falling apart. She crawled onto the back of her entrance door and slid down to the floor sobbing.

What had she done?