Magic

"What in the..." I say as I stare at the figure that just revealed itself as Serenity, aka Kitty.
Can this day get any weirder? Honestly, I shouldn't have said that, because every time I do, it gets weirder. This was no exception. "Before you begin to panic, I need to stretch. Being in that form for days really cramps you up, not that you would ever understand that." She says as she does the morning stretch everyone does when they wake up. "Okay, I think I am done. I can answer any questions you have, but let me explain what I am doing here." She pauses and stares at me, probably waiting for a response. This whole entire time, I'm standing still, dumbfounded by what's I front of me. She continues. "I have been watching you for a long time Jackson. I have noted all of your skills, all of your weaknesses. I know you inside and out." Serenity's eyes shine because of her secretive ways, while grinning widely. "But that's not why I am here. I am here to warn you." She resumes as she walks around the room. "Follow me." Her hand reaches for mine, and I instinctively take it. She felt weird. She looks human, hold the tail and ears, but when I took her hand, it felt like fur. I looked down at our hands interlocked, and let go. "Why'd you let go? Did you not like the old times we used to-" She stops. "The old times we used to what? I just met you as a cat." I said, stopped in my tracks. "Nothing, you just, remind me of someone else I think." She defended herself quickly, flinching at what I had said. "Keep following me."

We walk down the room to the wall that has all the inscriptions on it, with pictures of people and animals fighting, skyscrapers tumbling, and things dying. "Touch the wall, and you shall see what this is." Serenity whispered. I did just that. I reached out my hand and placed it on one of the towers. All at once the pictures started to move. The towers were falling in real time, the people were running, and some were fighting. Red and black covered the ground, making it look slightly icky. Noises came from the picture too. The sounds of yelling, grunts, metal on metal, and rush of air are common in this picture. Trumpets sound, and I look up. Six men are descending in the picture, all in different robes and colors. The fight stopped, and all the men looked into the sky, kneeling as if they were praising the Six. All of a sudden, the Saviors rained their powers down on the men, killing all of them, except one man. They lifted up this man, and gouged his eyes out. Screams and crunches filled the air, making me cover my ears. I look over at Serenity, who is watching me, seeing how I do with this. A grunt catches my attention as the man is thrown back to the ground, as darkness surges from one man in the group, hitting the one on the ground. No not hitting, becoming him. Entering his body and most likely killing him from the inside out. Gurgles are heard, as it is hard to watch already, I guess they had to make it even more disturbing. Finally, the stream of darkness ends, and the man lies there in silence. The six men in the sky all disappear, except one. He floated down to the man, and carried him to the top of a building, where he leaned down and whispered something to it. "Hello, Dark Magician. It's nice to see you again." He says as he rises up again, this time, out of frame.

And the man just sat there. He was chosen to be the dark magician. But that doesn't make any sense! Rogue was supposed to be the dark magician, and this picture looks really old. "I know you may have many questions." Serenity finally speaks up, looking at me. "Yea, I think I do. It's all so confusing." I mumble. "Yes, I thought it would be. Now, let's get to answering your questions, huh?" She waves me over to a bench that's in the room with us. How it got there, I have no idea. I slowly walk over, flipping things over and over in my mind. "What was that? And who was that?" I say. "Isn't it obvious? That's how your father, Rouge was born. Or, reborn. Whether you like it or not, you are related." She says. "But that doesn't make any sense! My father died well before the Collapse. Even so, he would never turn evil like that!" I yell. I knew my father, and he was an honorable man. "But the power in him at that time did." She hesitates. "Do you know how your father died?" "He.. He died by a sickness of some sort. A disease. Pre-Collapse." I respond. "Atleast, I think so. The last time I saw him was two days before everything went to shit. I always remember his last words to me. 'Survive'" I look down solemnly. "Is it starting to piece together what is happening?" Serenity nags. In some weird way, it does, but my mind is having a hard time piecing it all together. It's like a math test that you semi-studied for, and remember a few pieces here and there. "Rouge is your father in a way. That man on the wall was your biological father, and the darkness consumed him. Your father did not die. He is being controlled by the Six. They are not to be trusted." "That doesn't make any sense,I got news he had died. If he had left, I would've known. The doctors told me everything." "Your father wasn't sick, or even in a hospital. Those memories are fake, placed in your mind by them. All of your memories about your father are false." It's not often that you have someone tell you that your life is a lie. Usually it comes when you're adopted, or when your parents gave another kid, and even then, it was still a lot. Being told your father is still alive, and he's the bad guy, well, that's something else. Could the Six really be trusted? "How can I help get him back?" I say. "Find Victoria, and don't kill her. Ask her to help you kill the Six, and your father will be released." She stares me dead in the eyes. "But first you need your memories back. This will hurt for a minute. Not physically, but emotionally." "How do I know I can trust you?" I say. "Because I have been with you all your life." And with that, she places her hands on top of my head, and pictures rush through my mind. It lands on s picture of my dad. 'I'll get you back dad, if you're still in there.' I thought.