<>§Prologue§<>

Fairytales tend to begin with "Once upon a time", do they not? As this one is categorized as a fairytale, I suppose I should start this story with "Once upon a time" as well.

So, "Once upon a time", there were two people. "Once upon a time", there were two not-so-ordinary people. "Once upon a time", two not-so-ordinary people were in love. "Once upon a time", a princess fell in love with a prince. And thus the story begins.

His name was Prince Asher of RushingWaters. Her name was simply...Rapunzel.

I'm sure you've all heard of the story of Rapunzel, some way or another. Oh, the beautiful princess who was locked in a tower. Sometimes guarded by a dragon, sometimes not. It all depends on who you hear it from. But they all said that she had beautiful long hair. The jealousy of everyone.

But what if everything you heard was wrong? What if Rapunzel was just an ordinary girl? What if she wasn't all that fancy. What if...she was just a girl in love with the boy of her dreams. Would you condemn her then?

It was a many years ago, when Rapunzel fell in love. Indeed she fell hard. Literally. Did you know that Rapunzel was the one who came up with the phrase we use so casually? This "falling in love" business. Indeed, do you ever see anyone "falling" in something named love? Perhaps if the person who named a pond a pond named it love instead. Perhaps then we might fall in love. Rapunzel fell into the love of her life. Rapunzel ran and fell into Asher. Asher, the first boy to say she was beautiful and mean it. Asher, the first one to talk to her sincerely. Asher, the first to hold her hand. Asher, her first and last love. This she swore.

So you can only imagine how shocked and horrified she was to find that Asher, or Ash, was to die in three months. Ash, her everything. So the mousy young girl ran to the highest tower of her kingdom and shut the door.

Interesting beginning right? Of course, princes are to save her in this story. But...how exactly are you suppose to save a princess who doesn't want to be saved?