Phase 53: Finding a Battle Instructor

Eidolon Mode is a newly discovered ability by the Cursed Guardians. Besides from transforming into an Eidolon that has the power of Level 4, we haven't discovered the full potential of it yet. The enemies are stronger than we know.

Aside from our powerful enemies, we immediately cut our ties in the Black Cross Legion. There will be a major problem if they discovered that Skye is with us. And also, we are now filled with doubts since they are the ones who sent the letter that turned out to be a trap.

Everything is ambiguous, but we should be able to figure something out later on.

[Heightsburg Campus – Classroom]

[3:02 PM]

The bell rang from the tenth floor of the campus that ended my boring Physics class. That made the class half empty, which some students left formed into small groups.

I'm in my usual place: My chair. I've been watching the school grounds for five whole minutes. Just a normal day for me. I'm enjoying myself watching Asumi catching her breath on the track field. She easily got exhausted from that one-kilometer dash in her Physical Education class, even though she has the ability to have infinite amount of stamina under the sun. Well, I know that Erylle forbid her to use <Shintou Kyushu> to cheat so she's going to die...probably.

It's been three days from the discovery of Reginleif. Only the Blazing Heart Legion has the information about that, including Skye, who just listed to be our seventh member. Erylle wholeheartedly accepted her request since she's so cute. Yeah, she's cute, but I don't really think that it's the sole reason why Erylle accepted her.

From her desk, Erylle stood up and slowly went to my table. I'm used to chickening out whenever she's doing this, so here we go again.

"Yohan..." Erylle's face is somewhat reddish.

"Y-Yes!" I exclaimed like a military cadet. Erylle became noticeably surprised.

That made an awkward silence. After two seconds, she broke it with a cute princess-like chuckle. Then she scrambled my hair like I'm a six-year-old child.

"You're still on your character!" Erylle smiled with blush.

I just groaned. She's been pampering me since I became a Gate Guardian, but now that we're lovers, it feels irritating and annoying. But I'll let her do what she want. Sigh.

"Ummm..." Erylle changed into an embarrassed tone as soon as she pulled out her hand away from my hair. "I would ask you about something."

"What is it?"

She putted a magazine on my table. There are some girls on it who's wearing fancy short dresses and of course, swimsuits on the cover page. It is certainly the Empire Fashion Magazine.

"I...I was called by the manager of the Empire Fashion Company this morning and she said that I can have my first photo-shoot this Wednesday...If you will agree about it."

Why is she asking me this? Oh yeah, I'm her boyfriend. Consulting a lover first before making a decision is one of the basic rules in the relationship (According to Sage Zion's wise teachings. Duh, this is my first relationship so I asked for his advice. For a pervert, Zion is surprisingly wise!).

"O-Of course! That's your dream, right?"

"Really?!" Erylle pushed her face to me.

"Y-Yeah..."

She immediately jumped out of joy and celebrated the achievement of granting my permission. I know from the start that she wanted to be a model from that particular agency, so who am I to stop her for no reason at all?

<>

It's been two days since Erylle got busy from her modeling career. But even with the hectic schedule, she still managed to attend her classes, the archery club, Legion meetings, Eidolon hunting and romantic dates with me. She told me that she will focus on her career and will not enter college yet since it's getting her lots of money.

So what's the problem?

It's me. The more she exerts effort, the more I get ashamed of myself. I feel like a loser again. Of course Erylle will always tell me that I'm the most important person in her life at the end of every night but it won't prevent me for being a useless person. I have to do something about this.

That is why I'm groveling right now.

"Please, help me! Please teach me how to be strong!"

This is what their answer looked like.

"Ummm... I'm sorry, Erylle will be angry at me." Heushac said.

"You're our healer, right? You don't have to face combat." Mia said.

"I don't want to put you in danger, so you stay at the back." Asumi said.

"I would teach you if you will give me three terabytes of adult films!" Zion said. Too bad I didn't have that kind of files in my laptop.

"...............No." Skye said.

Why won't they just agree? I'm a support-type Guardian, yes. But they don't need any support at all. Most of our Eidolon hunting will leave them unscathed at all that there's nothing for me to do. Healing is a girly's job anyway! Besides, I'm always in the place where the Cursed Guardians attacks. I don't want to see those horrific sights again. Zion's friend died because of protecting me. Neo and Erylle almost died while fighting Benedict and Atlas, while I remained watching them not able to do anything.

I'm just... I'm dying of guilt right now. So I asked the final person who can teach me.