Masters of Chi

★Masters of Chi

- a Kung Fu Panda fanfiction

- Warning: contains Kung Fu Panda 2 & 3 spoilers. Hence, if you still haven't watched the movies, proceed at your own risk and with extreme caution.
- p.s: please watch the movies if you still haven't, they're brilliant~

-----☆Work Text

Originally, the universe thought it would be a great thing to arrange things for what seemed to be the predominant disadvantage in the naked eyes of an ordinary passerby, or perhaps preferably, a common thinker who knows the nature and ways of the Valley of Peace and its protectors- the Masters of Jade Palace.

First, Master Shifu just suddenly decided that it would be preferable to hand over his teaching duties to the Dragon Warrior, as the red raccoon practices the power of Chi. Whether it be by one quirky whim, a sadistic ploy to embarrass the panda, or genuinely helpful in one way or another, no one could decide as of the moment. Not anytime sooner and especially not one member of the Furious Five who just barely made it out alive much less in one piece from a lesson gone wrong and for once they all came down to the conclusion that 'teaching', 'Kung Fu lessons', their very own training grounds and the Dragon Warrior himself are ingredients of a perfectly deadly combination for a one way ticket to the spirit realm.

Second, Po saw the look on each Masters bruised and unamused faces and they are indeed enough to tell him of how dreadful he is as a teacher. With a nervous laugh, the panda tried to loosen his death grip on the wooden pole he used to hide himself in as he watched and flinched every time he saw one master miscalculating a step in an attempt to follow his stupid instructions and ending up bumping on the other before crashing in one of their death-defying training equipment. That part wherein he accidentally caused a duck to fire a burning arrow on Tigress' back wasn't even the tiniest bit pleasing much less acceptable for him at all.

"D-did you at least learn something?" he stammered, apologetically. Tigress continued to glare, seeming to mean what she had said before their 'class'.

"All you have to lose is our respect." In a bow like the rest of the others, but with her own sly and challenging smirk.

"Yes, that you can't teach." Present Tigress said as she slapped the paw Po reached out to pinch the flame from her ear away.

The Dragon Warrior winced at the contained ferocity within her successful attempt of retaining calm, some residues of which had managed to make itself known through her physical disapproval.

"A~nd that Tigress is flammable, turns out." Crane quipped, trying to break the building tension between the Dragon Warrior and their leader. For as far as the flying master knows, Tigress had never been the tolerant type, but at the same time, she could be quite the virtuous one- in her own way. But the amount of patience she usually allows for audacity as this is actually quite limited, and the fact that she, herself was inconvenienced- he wouldn't even begin to find the nerve to contradict the master should she decide to chow on the panda's chubby neck. Heck, his own body still hurts as hell.

It made an involuntary shiver run up Po's spine. There's just something about messing things up that feels horribly different -and not for the better- whenever the kung fu master was there to see it, all the more get involved in his havoc. Its not as if he isn't used to any abashment. Hell, back in Gongmen he was a total mess. He just found out that he wasn't his dad's genuine son, that he was adopted, and as if to make matters worst, he *is* by then, the Dragon Warrior. And as he grew up, he fed himself with the stereotypes that 'Masters' and 'warriors' are hardcore and bullet-proof, that they don't feel a single thing and that if they ever did, they would try so much to cover it up and hide it within themselves so as to appear as if they never break. Who would've thought otherwise when his role-model ever since then was none other than the Great Master Tigress?