I

(Present)

/for this Fic we're gunna pretend that Dally and Bren are the same age/

It's started with one beer. Just one that lead to another which lead to me drinking malt whiskey straight from the bottle. I wasn't drunk. I would never consider myself drunk. Just a healthy buzz. It was nice, and all a part of my nightly trip to the liquor cabinet. Tonight however was different. Tonight the man I loved was in town. Tonight he would get up on stage and rock the crowd; he would dominate while I sat on the kitchen floor until I drank myself to death. It was interesting how different the air felt, how light and beautiful it was. There was not an ounce of darkness even though the light was fading. With a sense of unspoken courage I stood and found myself walking to the shower for the first time in a few days. I peeked into Rilee's room to see him sleeping in his bed peacefully; his tiny chest rising and falling with his blond curls falling into his angel like face. Looking at our baby I wondered what had happened between Brendon and I. It all seemed perfect at the beginning. We were star crossed lovers drawn together by unconventional circumstances and then torn apart by those same ones. I pulled my phone out of my sweats pocket and dialed the number that was all too familiar.

"Hey Dal..." She said picking up immediately.

"Breezy?"

"Yeah... Are you okay?"

"He's in town tonight," I begged myself to keep some kind of calm, but despite myself my voice broke.

"I know babe," she responded with my pet name, "do you need me?"

I sniffled, "Yes please, just to be with him if he wakes up."

"Alright. I'll be there as soon as I can." She exhaled lightly, "sober up Dallon."

I chuckled, "how do you know me so well?"

"It's a gift." She laughed and then the call ended leaving me with a smile. I pressed a kiss to Rilee's forehead and walked out of his room closing the door as I left. I didn't know how much more I could handle raising him on my own. I couldn't imagine his first day of kindergarten, bring your parents to school days, or open houses where he would only have me to be with him, let alone middle or high school. I trudged down the hallway to my bedroom stripping of my sweats and wrinkled doctor who t-shirt before stepping into the steamy hot shower. I stood there for what felt like years just letting the scalding hot water turn my skin bright red.

"Dal! I'm here!" Breezy yelled from downstairs. She snapped me out of whatever haze I was in and I got out of the shower wrapping a towel around my waist. I walked into my closet pulling a pair of dark washed jeans, a black button up, and a white bow tie. Classy is the way to go Dallon. Trust yourself. I told myself rubbing my temple. I walked into my bedroom with said clothes over my arm to avoid any wrinkles.

"Babe," she said with a pout. She was sitting on my bed munching on a pretzel from the bowl in her lap and scrolling through something in her phone. "You cannot walk around her like that."

"Why? It's my house isn't it?" I dropped my towel just to embarrass her and stepped into a pair of boxers.

"It really is such a shame that you're so fucking gay..." She let out a sigh and fell back into my bed covering her face with one of my pillows. I finished getting dressed and a pair of all black vans without even messing with the mop of hair on my head.

"I'm gunna head out Breez..." I said nodding to the doorway, and she got up out of my bed with a groan.

"Alright. I've got him all night if you need it. You deserve to let off some steam." She winked and kissed my forehead.

I swallowed hard, "thanks," I turned on my heels and she smacked my butt playfully with a giggle. I smiled and grabbed my keys and twirled them around my index finger. My senses were alight with the possibility of seeing him again. As I drove I wove Frozen fantasies of him wanting me back, of him sweeping me up into his arms and kissing me senseless like he used to. I pulled into the back parking lot to see Zack standing in the doorway smoking a cigarette. When his eyes met mine they widened and he turned whiter than a sheet.

"Dallon? Is that you?"

I forced a smile on my lips, "Yeah Zack attack."

"Damn, how long has it been?"

"One year, three months and twenty two days." I looked down at my shoes in embarrassment that I had kept track of the days that I had last spent time with these guys. When I had my last fight with Brendon, when he said he didn't want to try and work it out anymore.

"That's a long fucking time dude." He took a drag if his cigarette and shook his head kicking at a rock at his feet.

I sighed, "I know, can I get back there? I just need to see him." I practically begged.

"I- ugh- I'm not supposed to, but I think you two need to work this out."

He opened the door with a click, and nodded his head inside. I followed him in, and he lead me down a hallway that seemed to last forever. He pushed open another or and gestures for me to sit. I sat on the worn velvet couch and ran my hand over the fabric. It was still just as dingy as ever. I straightened my back with my hands resting flat in my knees.

"He's almost done with his set, then he'll come straight here." He muttered from the doorway. I nodded my head , and he gave me that sympathy look. The look that I had seen over thousands of different faces. It was nothing but pity, and I hated it.

"Don't... Don't tell him I'm here," I stuttered, "please." He nodded his head and closed the door behind him. I cleared my throat and looked down at my shoes. Studying the frayed ends of my laces and the fading canvas. My eyes flicked up to the clock, holding my breath until it went with the constant ticking. I watched the seconds pass; each one taking hours, but not getting me anywhere. My knee started to bounce up and down, and I almost immediately longed for that bottle back in my hand.

HeY fReNs!!
I bring to you a new Brallon fic courtesy of yours truly! I hope you love it as much as I am proud of it. I'm just gunna tell you that I came up with this in like one day and wrote it on that same one. I don't know how long this will be. Probably not as long as my usual fics, but whatever. Regardless. Enjoy. I love all of you!

😉✌🏿️ syd...