Chapter 1

Flowers blossomed in the gardens: a beautiful spectrum of colors laid down like a carpet. The cheery sun gently kissed the green grass enhancing its color. The sky is clearing up proving to be a wonderful day.
The large manor have stood proud and majestic amongst its beauties. I, Catherine Amelia Kensington, stood wonderstruck by the timeless beauty at the large window. In all of the rooms in this house, mine has a whole view from the gates to the garden.
Today is a lovely day; lovely enough to go out. The housekeeper, Ms Greene entered my bedroom and curtsied,
"Master George has arrived, my lady. "
"Thank you, Ms Greene. Please tell his grace that I shall come down any moment." She bowed once more and closed the door behind her.
The thought of going out with George delighted me. My eyes sparkled and my head went into a hazy daydream. Oh, I have loved George Arington since we were children. He has the most attractive brown eyes ever and his wavy hair is so soft that I had to refrain from feeling it in my fingers every time I meet him.
The wide steps of the stairways stretched downwards in front of me as I glanced from the top. Before descending the stairs, I checked my reflection in the mirror. The aquamarine billowy gown perfectly enhances my brown wavy hair cascading down to my arms. Confident of myself, I descended the stairs.
George awaited at the foot of the stairs looking dashing in a navy blue waist coat with a white undershirt. My, he looks charming in a top hat and a walking stick.
While examining his attire, his eyes met my blue-grey ones.
"Late as ever, Cathy." He smirked.
I rolled my eyes, " A girl has to look her best."
"Anyway, shall we go?" He offered the crook of his arm.
"Of course."
We walked in George's fields which was outside of his house talking about his boarding school experience.
At the remark of Mrs Adams silly manners at the Christmas ball last year, I laughed uncontrollably that I almost chocked.
The reason was that she wanted to marry off her daughters to eligible rich bachelors which includes George!
"Speaking of marriage, I finally got engaged to Lillian Grey. It was so unexpected. I just knew here for a couple of months through my good old roommate William Grey, Lilly's elder brother. Lilly is the most beautiful creature I ever beheld."
I felt like someone just slapped me in the face. I have wished every night that George would return my love now that I am old enough and about to have my first season.
My eyes were glistening with tears and I struggled not to let the tears fall. Thank god, my face was shielded by the sun. Otherwise, he might have seen it.
I swallowed hard to reply, "I'm happy for you George. If you're happy so am I. Ms Grey would be lucky to have you. In fact, any lady would be fortunate. At the irony, a tremble ran thorough me.
Thankfully, the steady galloping of a horse interrupted the conversation.
The horse approached us. A dark haired gentleman in his late thirties with grey eyes was on the horse.
"Mr Hamiltion, a pleasure to meet you here. " George tilted his top hat.
"Pleasure." He nodded briskly.
"Cathy, allow me to introduce Mr Ian Hamilton. Mr Hamilton, meet Ms Catherine Amelia Kensington." I smiled in his direction only to receive a cold and stiff nod.
"I'd better go now. I have some businesses to attend to." He tilted his head hastily and rode off. What's wrong with that man? Such cold and arrogant manners! If he had not been so arrogant, he would prove to be handsome.
A frown creased the corners of my mouth, seeing this George explained," He's always like that- entirely serious and timid. People say that his Brother- Edward's wife betrayed Edward. She was caught red-handed sleeping with another man.
The marriage was all planned out. The lady succeeded in attracting Edward at a ball. You know how these seasons are." Ever since then, while George was talking about Mr Hamilton, I was greatly relieved to discover that the encounter with the gentleman took my mind off my sadness. I tried to be cheerful for George but failed.
It seems, my fervent wishes of being with George certainly didn't come true after all.
On the other hand, at the mention of Mr Hamilton his views upon women are totally wrong. Not all women are flirty. There are great women like Jane Austen. It depends on how one looks at a matter.

Do you like it? Sorry for the vague description of Catherine's gown. I'm really bad at that.
Please vote! :)