Chapter 4: Nico at McDonald's

After a few minutes of sitting in your booster seat and Leo driving, you made it to McDonald's.

You jumped up and down in your seat because you were excited to see Uncle Nico.

Nico actually visited you a few times in the orphanage since he knew that you had some of your memories after he talked to Hades.

Nico visited you twice a week to check up and see if everything was alright. Sometimes he would sneak a McFlurry to you.

Leo parked in a parking spot and opened the door. He unbuckled you and picked you up.

Leo carried you inside and you saw Nico at the cash register. You knew you weren't suppose to go back behind the counter, but you didn't care.

"Nico!!!" You yelled as you jumped out of Leo's arms and ran to hug the life out of Nico's leg.

After Nico heard his name, he looked and saw you. He wasn't taking anybody's order.

He picked you up from hugging his leg and kissed you on the forehead. You wrapped your tiny arms around his neck.

"(Y/N), what are you doing here?" Nico asked with a smile. Since when did Nico smile?

"I adopted her." Leo said with a grin.

"Y-you adopted (Y-Y/N)?" Nico asked happily.

You shook your little head 'yes' and Nico pestered your soft, babyish face with kisses.

You giggled and stayed in Nico's arms as Leo ordered food for you and him. Nico typed in the order with one hand.

"(Y/N), what else do you want with your cheeseburger? It has to be a fruit or vegetable." Leo said.

"French fries count as a vegetable!" You said cheerily.

Leo and Nico chuckled as Leo ordered you French fries and letting the fruit or vegetable pass.

Leo got a double quarter pounder, medium fries, and a Coke while you got a Happy Meal with a Sprite.

"Uncle Nico, can you eat with us?" You asked Nico with big puppy dog eyes and pouting your lip.

"Awww of course. It's my break time anyways." Nico says.

Nico handed you to Leo as he went to help make the food. You saw how they made the cheeseburgers and made the French fries.

You watched Nico wrap the burgers with a grin on his face as he smelled the fresh food.

One of the workers, a girl with long black hair and grey eyes, sprinkled salt all over the fries.

Nico came back with a tray. On it was Leo's order and two Happy Meals. You looked at Nico confused because you only ordered one Happy Meal.

Nico noticed your confused stare at him and chuckled. He saw that you were looking back and forth between the Happy Meals and him.

"The other Happy Meal is for me (Y/N). I love my Happy Meals and you should see the skeletons when I bring them McDonald's."

You giggled sweetly thinking about skeletons eating French fries and chicken nuggets.

You, Leo, and Nico sat down in a booth. You sat down next to Nico and across from Leo.

Nico passed out the food and helped you organize your food neatly on the table.

You remembered Nico being a little bit of a perfectionist. Just then, a memory came into your head.

You remembered when you, Nico, and your past life best friend Aisley were hanging out in the Hades Cabin.

Nico was getting hungry and so were you and Aisley, so Nico decided to shadow travel to the nearest store in town and grab a bag of m&ms and skittles.

He left you and Aisley in the cabin to wait. After a few minutes, he came back with the candy.

Nico handed you and Aisley a bag of m&ms and skittles. You opened the bag and began eating your candy, along with your best friend.

Meanwhile, Nico opened the bag of skittles and separated each skittle into a category of its own color.

"Nico, I never knew you were a perfectionist and had a little bit of OCD." You stated.

"Well, now you do know." Nico shrugged.

You couldn't believe in your little three year old mind that that memory popped up.

You shrugged it off and started eating. Nico ate his chicken nuggets first while you are your French fries. Leo started by drinking his Coke.

All of a sudden, a great idea popped into your head. After eating, you would ask that great idea of yours.

You ate slowly because you were a slow eater. Nico ate at a steady pace while Leo ate quickly.

"So, tell me the details of you adopting little (Y/N)." Nico said.

Leo explained all the details about him going to the orphanage to adopt a child since he was all alone and already had a dog.

He explained how he saw you looking sad in the corner and felt a connection between you and him.

The front desk lady said your name and Leo immediately said he was going to adopt you and explained how you told him that you still had some of your memories thanks to Nico and so on.

Leo explained everything to the point to where you guys are now: sitting, talking, and eating.

"(Y/N) doesn't have any clothes, so I think I'm going to take her shopping for stuff after we're done here. Sound good (Y/N)?" Leo asked.

"Mmh hmm!" You said cheerfully through a mouthful of Sprite.

After eating, you decided to ask Leo and Nico your exciting question.

You poked Nico's arm and he looked at you and smiled gently. You looked up at him with your big, (E/C) eyes and signaled him to lean closer.

Nico leaned closer and you put your hands around his ear to whisper your plan.

"Uncle Neeks? Can I go play on the play set in the play place?" You whispered quietly.

Nico chuckled and whispered back in your ear, "Do you want me to pass the message to your dad?"

"Yes please."

Nico asked Leo your question and Leo allowed you to go play in the play place.

You ran off to the big stair things because you wanted to go down a fun slide.

You saw Leo and Nico talking while taking glances every so often to make sure you were okay.

You continued going toward the slide. When to got to the beginning of the slide, you sat down and got ready to go down.

You didn't know that something unexpected was about to happen.

*evil grin* Cliff Hanger!