Chapter 5: To The Emergency Room

Might be a short chapter~
You pushed your body forward so you could go down the slide. You lifted your legs up a little so you would go faster.

Right when you started sliding down, you moved your hand so you were sitting on it.

You didn't realize you moved it. It was your right hand that you were sitting on while going down the slide.

You didn't feel anything until the slide turned a different direction. You screamed in pain and started crying.

Your wrist snapped backwards when you turned and was basically stuck in place.

(True story. This is how I broke my wrist when I was three.)

You pulled your wrist our from under your gluteus maximus and cradled it with your left hand.

You were finished sliding down the slide and sat at the edge crying. It hurt trying to stand up because it would move your wrist.

Leo and Nico heard crying and it sounded very familiar. They looked at the edge of the slide to see you sitting there.

Leo ran up to you and widened his eyes when he saw how bent back your wrist was.

He carefully picked you up in his arms and you buried your face in his chest crying because of the pain.

Nico mumbled something to Leo before walking back to the cashier to return to his work.

"Bye U-uncle N-Nico." You managed to say through your sobs and sniffles.

Leo cradled you closer to his body as he ran out as gently as he could to his car so he could drive you to the ER.

He opened the car door and set you in gently. Nico ran out and gave Leo an ice pack.

Leo strapped you into your booster seat and softly laid the ice pack on your wrist.

He kissed your forehead before closing the door and running to the drivers side to start driving.

You were still in pain, but you managed to silent your crying because you knew it could distract the driver.

Leo kept taking glances back at you to make sure you were okay with all the bumps and dips in the road.

"D-dad, the p-pain hurts t-to b-bad." You complained as a tear escaped your (E/C) eyes.

"Okay honey, just wait a second."

Leo turned slowly into a Walgreens pharmacy and a pharmacist answered the screen door thing.

"How may we help you?"

"My daughter's wrist is bent back. We are going to the ER, but she can't stand the pain anymore. Do you have any medicine I can give her?"

The pharmacist nodded and walked away to get the pain medication. Since you were a three year old, you couldn't swallow pills.

The pharmacist came back with a tiny cup filled with a pink liquid. The pharmacist said the flavor was bubble gum.

"It's free of charge. Now go drive her to the ER."

Leo handed you the cup and told you to drink it. You did and it tasted just like what the pharmacist said: bubblegum.

Leo began driving once again. The medicine made you tired, so you leaned your head back and closed your eyes.

You ended up falling asleep because what felt like a few seconds, Leo was parking.

He got out of the car and walked to your side. He opened the door and unbuckled you from your booster seat.

He picked you up and made sure he didn't hit your wrist while he picked you up.

You nuzzled into Leo's neck and fell asleep because you were still really tired.

Leo walked in the hospital doors and went up to the desk to tell the receptionists why you guys were there.

He told them all the information: your name, birthdate, insurance information, and extra info.

The receptionist said that a doctor would be with you both in a few moments.

Leo carried you the the waiting room and sat down in a chair with you still in his arms.

After a few minutes of waiting, a doctor came and told Leo to follow him. Leo did and the doctor led him to a room.

The room was big enough to fit an X-ray in, which was good so you wouldn't have to walk.

You woke up as Leo sat you gently on the patient bed.

Then, the check up began.