Kiss Me One Last Time

Pairing: Jared Leto x GenderNeutral!Reader

Request: Can you make a Jared imagine where y/n is a famous singer and they broke up a few months ago. Thank you! I looove your work!

Thanks so much anon ^-^

Words: 3,117

Warnings: Swearing

"Thank you." You smiled to the barista as she handed you your two drinks. You had come to your favorite cafe to grab a drink before you headed to the studio to start recording your new song. You had been working on the lyrics to the song for months and now it was time to do some sound tests and see what fit the mood to the lyrics best.

For the past three months, you had been working on putting yourself back together after a nasty break up with your boyfriend of a year. You had thought things were going great between you and Jared, but according to him, the fire wasn't there anymore. Of course, this broke your heart and you allowed yourself to sulk around for a few days before deciding you needed to get on with your life. Yes, you loved him, but he didn't feel the same anymore. You weren't going to let yourself lose control of your life over it.

Instead, you got back up on your feet and decided it was time to start working on some new songs. It had been a while since your last album and you knew your fans would appreciate something new to listen to. However, you didn't want your new song to be slow or sad, so rather than writing a song about going through a break up, you wrote about getting over your stresses; not letting them ruin your day. After all, we decide how we feel.

Walking into the studio, you were greeted by your lead guitarist, Aidan. "Hey! That for me?" He asked, pointing towards the second drink in your hand.

"Yep." You smiled, holding it out to him. It was his favorite iced coffee that he was rarely found without; especially when recording.

"Ah, thanks, man." He grinned as he took the drink and took a quick sip before giving a thumbs up. "You know just how I like it." He motioned his head for you to follow him as the two of you went into the buildings 'green room,' as Aidan called it. It was really just an office that had yet to be claimed by someone who worked at the studio.

"I think everyone does at this point." You chuckled lightly as you entered the small room.

Aidan plopped down on the oddly green colored sofa as you laid out the papers with the lyrics on them on the small coffee table in front of him. As he looked over them, you sat down on the couch next to him, taking a sip of your drink.

After a few moments of silence, Aidan nodded and laid the papers back down on the table. He turned to you with one hand on his leg. "When's the last time you did something fun?" He asked.

You were taken aback slightly by his question. You figured he'd say something about the lyrics. "Um, I don't know. A while. Why?"

"Because, Shannon is having a party tonight and I think you need to get out of your house." He replied with the ghost of a smile.

"I am out of my house." You scowled playfully. "And do you mean Shannon as in Shannon Leto? My ex's brother?" You put emphasis on ex. Aidan knew how the whole thing went down, which is why you had no idea why he was trying to get you to go to his brother's party. Where he was more than guaranteed to be.

"Yes, but, you don't have to talk to him. You can completely avoid him. Just hang out with me and the others. I mean, come on. You can't just sit around all day. Come out with us and have some fun." He put his hand on your shoulder and gave it a small squeeze.

You looked at him for a bit, without any particular emotion on your face. You really didn't want to see Jared. You didn't trust yourself to see Jared. Sure, you didn't have to talk to him and you had been doing great the past few months without him, but you were almost 100% sure that just seeing him in person would cause your façade to come crashing down.