6. When?

"Jongin, I brought food," Kyungsoo calls softly, waking up the sleeping boy. Jongin groans and sits up.

"Yixing finished with the girl," Kyungsoo tells him, offering to feed him the soup. Jongin opens his mouth childishly and Kyungsoo spoons it in.

"What did he use this time?" Jongin asks after swallowing.

"I don't know, he's the botanist ," Kyungsoo answers, "Which reminds me, are you and Sehun going to be okay home alone while we're at work?"

"I'm just going to be sleeping the whole time," Jongin mumbles, then lays back down.

"For eight more hours?" Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow.

"I sleep a lot to begin with," Jongin grumbles, closing his eyes, "And now I'm sick. I need the extra sleep."

"Whatever you say," Kyungsoo shrugs.

"Tell Sehun not to disturb me," the sick boy mumbles, already half asleep.

"Yeah, okay."

Kyungsoo leaves, closing the door quietly. When he's gone, Jongin finds himself unable to sleep. When he was with the other boy, he was distracted. Now he can't stop imagining how his hands would feel wrapped around Autumn's throat. How her face would turn purple and there would be hand shaped bruises left on her pale neck.

He clenches the messy bedspread in anger. He was supposed to have her today or tomorrow. But he had to get sick. Now, Suho had grounded him as well as not letting Yixing fix him. He wasn't allowed out of his room at all, everyone had to come to him.

He shakes his head and swings his legs out of bed. He knew he wasn't going to get any sleep as he wished. On wobbling legs, he walks over to the small refrigerator he had in his room and grabs a can of Coke along with the TV remote off top of it. Maybe Suho didn't turn off the cable yet.

🔹🔹🔹🔹

"Kris, why do their powers work down here but ours don't," Zitao asks after Yixing and Kyungsoo leave.

All of their chains had been loosened enough that they could reach the center of the small room, where the two of their captors had placed food and water. Kris doesn't answer the younger boy. He is too busy stuffing his face with what was before him.

"The chains," Luhan answers, lifting a piece of bread to his mouth, "They're infused with a special, man made chemical, courtesy of Yixing."

"What does 'courtesy' mean?" Zitao asks, confused.

Kris throws his food to the floor and lowers his head.

"Lulu, what's wrong with Kris gege?" the youngest asks.

"THEY STOLE YOUR LIFE ZITAO!" Kris shouts angrily, "THESE BASTARDS STOLE ALL OUR LIVES!"

Kris was fuming and Zitao scoots closer to Luhan in fear. Kris notices and sighs, running a hand through his thick, overgrown hair while lowering his head. The chains around his wrists jingle.

"I'm sorry," Kris mumbles, then looks up, "Luhan and I have been locked here since we were fifteen. You've been locked up since you were six."

"But not by them," Zitao protests innocently. He, for some strange reason, always tried to see the best in people.

"By one of their fathers," Kris replies coldly, "You never had the chance to grow up. You'll never get a chance to grow up. When they get old, they'll use you to rewind all of our ages. We're never going to get out."

"But, they said they'd let us go when they were done with us. So far, they've always kept their promises."

"And when will they be done with us Zitao?" Kris scoffs.

"Kris, stop it," Luhan pleads.

Kris ignores him, "When? In fifty years? A hundred?"

"We won't live that long," Zitao answers.

"Oh but we will," Kris hisses, "Because when we're all old and dying, maybe even before, they're going to take you, and rewind our ages. When asked, they'll say that they're not done yet. And that will always be the answer. Because as long as we're not for them, we're against them. And they won't let anyone with powers go against them."

"You don't know that," Zitao whispers, moving as close as he can to Luhan.

"Yeah I do," Kris answers, "S--."

"Kris, that's enough," Luhan shouts, "Can't you see you're scaring him?"

Kris glances at Zitao. The younger boy was cowering beneath Luhan's arm. His heart fills with dread.

"Tao, I'm sorry, I said some things that were uncalled for," Kris apologizes, then moves away from them, going back to his wall to finish his food.

🔹🔹🔹

Jongin can't help but laugh at the naive boy. Suho had turned off the cable, but watching the security footage of the boys downstairs lifted his spirits. He decides to watch Autumn's 'live stream'. His face darkens when he sees Sehun circling her hanging body.

*Does he even have permission to be up there?*

Jongin watches as Sehun smirks and places both hands on her waist. She squeaks and squirms, but he pinches her harshly, shutting her up. His hands run down and reach her butt.

"Not much there, is there?" Sehun comments, squeezing it.

There is a small sound and Sehun turns his face away from her. His hand reaches up and swipes something off his face. Jongin perks up. She had just spit on his pretty face. The show was about to get interesting.

Sehun looks at her, then back hands her. Her head falls to the side and aligns itself with the middle of her body.

"You little bitch!" He yells.

Jongin can't help but chuckle. After his and Yixing's, Sehun had the most useless power for this kind of stuff. He couldn't even use his ability inside. But that also meant he would have to get physical, and that was Jongin's favorite program.

Sehun goes over to the poles piled in the corner and picks up the heaviest one.

"Oh come on Sehun," Jongin groans, "The bigger ones hurt the least. Get one of the thinner, more flexible ones."

Sehun obviously doesn't hear him and goes back to Autumn. Jongin can literally see her body trembling as Sehun pulls back the pole like a bat. Her cry of pain can be heard without the speakers when he makes contact. Sehun covers her body with bruises and breaks a few of her bones. When he's done, he lowers her to the ground and throws a dirty towel at her. Jongin glances at the clock in his room and shrugs. Sehun had only been there for an hour, she wasn't as badly torn up as she looked. Sehun had to know that. But he leaves.

Jongin grumbles and grabs his phone to call the younger boy. He wasn't going to tell him to go back and finish the job, Jongin wasn't supposed to be watching the torture and Sehun was a bit of a tattle tale. But, he was going to go back and watch the security footage from the others 'sessions'.

"Sehun, can you bring me some popcorn?"Jongin asks when Sehun picks up.

"Fine," Sehun grumbles, then ends the call.

Jongin smirks leans back. This was going to be good.