6: Party Part 2

Brian (the older son of Alpha Nix) above

Serene tried to break through the packed tables without bringing attention to herself, which she was failing with the constant bumping at heads and stepping on other females' dresses. In the back of her head she wished she would sink into the ground. Having a mate was a dream of hers; living in a big house with her family surrounded by packs members and her children. Her dream was ruined, cracked by a rock. A broken mirror. She doesn't want a life with the family that killed hers and soon became a nightmare.

Jayden sucked his teeth. His anger was getting the best of him because of Serene's pathetic escape route was noticeable to everyone. People were whispering and even the Luna giggled at Serene's Cinderella run. He wished that Falcon would claim her already since it was out in the open.

She better have to take a shit or else I'm going to break her glass slipper and drag her back to her prince.

"Stop my sister before I lose my temper," Jayden growled at one of the small errand boys. He didn't think twice before running off.

Falcon cleared his throat, "Please father allow everyone to continue their food...my mate isn't here just yet."

She ran.

Alpha Nix nodded holding a glass of wine in his hand, "So be it!"

Falcon was about to leave his chair to follow Serene when Alpha Nix grabbed his arm.

"Where are you going?"

"To look for my mate."

His grip tighten, "Do not bring back an abomination," he met his son's glare, "If she is not worthy of being a Luna, reject her."

Luna Diana gasped, "Honey-"

"I would not tolerate having an embarrassment as a daughter-in-law, if that is the case you will wed Brittany."

"Father you are speaking as if Brian isn't the oldest," Vincent smirked, "Falcon has ways to go before he could ever claim Alpha. Brian is more like you, hard-headed and a cold bastard."

"Father, the idiot is correct," Brian rarely spoke and when he did it was at meeting or if he felt that his position for Alpha was threaten. His life was already set for him; his mate was pregnant with their third child and he was already in control of every pack meeting. If his father was out of town, Brian was the first to take his place at home unless the Beta was present. However, he wasn't a big fan among the members in the pack, he was just as terrifying as his father.

"If Falcon finds his mate it does not change the fact that I am next as Alpha."

Alpha Nix sipped his wine, "It changes everything. You may be like me in every way Brian, however, you already found your typical life and tiresome mate." Brian growled. "Vincent whores around so much, I fear that the Moon Goddess didn't grant him a mate at all." Vincent laughed. "Kevin..." Alpha Nix glared at his youngest son, "If I didn't know any better I'm starting to think your brother doesn't have an interest in finding a mate."

Luna Diana and Falcon released a breath they were both hiding unconsciously and it caught Vincent's attention.

"Therefore, why would I have my eldest son take the spot as Alpha when there is a chance one of my other sons can have cubs from a White Wolf?" Alpha Nix's eyes landed on Brittany who bowed her head to avert eye contact.

"She may be a whore, but at least she has something to offer."

Brian stood from his chair, eyes beaming with rage, "So you are going to replace me with a wit like him? I am next for Alpha, I deserve it and I'm more worthy than Falcon!"