Chapter 1

Bey Pov
I woke up startled by the door slamming. It was probably just my mom leaving the house to go who knows where.

I slowly got off the floor, my mom said mistakes like me didn't deserve beds, so I sleep on the floor with thin sheets. I wobbled my way across the hall to the bathroom to get ready for school. School. Hell on earth for me. Normally school is a place for people to be anything they want to be, but that's not the case at Monroe High School. As soon as you get there, you are judged by your hair, your clothes, how fat your ass is, etc. We have the typical groups: nerds, jocks, barbies. I however am not apart of any groups simply because of Shawn Carter. The schools it boy. He's everything you'd imagine, tall, handsome, not mention he's a beast on the baseball field. It would be wishful thinking for someone like him to want someone like me.

After getting dressed and using concealer to cover last nights bruises, I went downstairs to grab my book bag and eat something. I'm on a diet, because everyone says I'm fat and that if I want to be pretty I have to lose weight. My breakfast usually consists of a granola bar and water. I don't have to worry about lunch thanks to the people at school and for dinner...... My mom makes sure I don't eat.

Leaving the house making sure to lock the door, I started the 10 minute walk to my school, again thank my mom. She said walking will help me lose my weight. I sometimes do wish I had a car it would cut the commute to school in half, but then again I want to spend as little time at that place as possible, even if it means walking 2 miles.

Before I knew it I was walking into my schools parking lot. I tried to make my way to class as fast as possible, but of course luck was not on my side. I ran into Shawn and Nicki. Nicki was queen of the Barbies everything about her is fake, down to her attitude.

"Look at this Jay, the loser is trying to get to class." Nicki said in her annoying ass nasal voice.

"I see you're walking again, but no amount of walking will help you become attractive or help you lose enough weight. You're always going to be ugly" Jay said while smirking. I don't understand why he's so mean to me. All I want to do is get to class.

"I have to get to class babe, meet me in the bathroom at lunch?" Nicki asked clinging onto Jay and being her usual hoe self

"You already know baby girl" Jay responded grabbing her ass and practically swallowing her face.

After swapping spit in the middle of the hallway, they finally released each other and headed to their classes. My first class was Biology with Ms. Williams. She's a pretty chill teacher, we usually do partner work in her class, but she understands my situation, so she lets me work alone.

Walking into class I sat down at my desk and took out my supplies for class. The bell rang as soon as Shawn and his friends came in and sat down.

"Good Morning Class!" Ms.williams said in her chirpy morning voice.
Everyone in the class mumbled a tired good morning.

"So we will be taking a trip to the Natural Science Museum to do a project on different underwater species. You will be pared up into partners and you guys will stick together throughout the museum trip. Listen up for your names!"

I put my head down, because I already knew I was by myself. As she was calling out the names I heard "Beyoncé and Shawn". I immediately shot my head up just as Shawn said "Aw come on, why I gotta be with the ugly cow".

The whole class immediately broke out into laughter and I sunk back into my chair biting my lip to try fight the tears.

"Mr Carter if there is a problem with the partners you can easily take a 0 and fail the semester"

"naw I'm good" Shawn said leaning into his seat clenching his jaw

"Alright then class, get with your partners and get to know them before the trip.

The whole class sluggishly moved around to sit with their partners. I sat in my seat fidgeting with my fingers till I felt Shawn sit down, but before I could say anything he started of being mean

Shawn: Listen fat ass. I don't want to be partners with you, but I can't fail so I'll suck it up. Just don't talk to me in public and when we meet, we do it when no one is around.

It was all too much for me, so I just nodded my head.

"Can we meet at your house?" I asked. I couldn't let him see my house, he would just tell everybody and they'd tease me for that too.

"No. I don't want you in my house. You'd have to touch stuff and I don't want to have to throw everything you touch away" he said smirking.

That really hurt my feelings. I mean I know I'm not the prettiest or the skinniest, but I didn't think I was that disgusting.

"Um- I-I-I guess we can meet in the public library after school" I said as tears rolled down my cheeks. I looked up to see Jay looking at me with an unrecognized look on his face.

Jay Pov
As tears rolled down Beyoncé's face. I had this horrible feeling in the pit of my gut. I didn't understand why I was feeling like this.

I had never felt this when bullying her before. It did make me a little suspicious as to why she asked to go to my house.

"Yea, we can do that" I said looking at her. She held my gaze for a few seconds before looking down at the desk and playing with her fingers.

I was snapped out of my trance by the bell ringing and Ms. Williams telling us that our field trip is Friday. I noticed Beyoncé gathering her books and to make sure I wasn't getting soft I walked up to her and knocked her books down, then I pushed her into one of the desk. As I was leaving I said "See you after school fatty"