Chapter 2

Bey Pov

After Jay pushed me into the desks, I picked up my books and walked out of class into the hallway.

I saw all of the students going into the cafeteria for lunch and as usual everyone was in they're cliques and groups.

I,obviously not having any friends, decide to spend my lunch period in the library, hiding and catching up on homework.

After everybody left to go eat lunch I went to the library and sat down in the corner, in the bean bags they had set up, and took out a book on underwater species.

I was really into the book when it was suddenly snatched from my hands. I looked up to see Nicki, Jay, & their usual crew.

"See Jay, I told you she'd be in here. Studying like the geek she is." Nicki said as she pretended to read the book.

"I know right Nic, she is so lame" Kelly, Nicki's back up barbie said.

I just looked down at my lap and played with the strings on my sweatpants. I never reply to the mean things they say to, because if I did it would only make things worse for me.

"Aw don't have nothing to say fatty?" Jay said while laughing with the rest of the group

"Let's get out of here guys, leave the freak to get back to her studying" Nicki said as she threw my science book on the ground.

The whole group nodded their heads in agreement and walked away, but not before Jay turned around and yelled for me not to be late for the library tonight.

*******************************************************************************************

I walked into the Public Library and started looking for Jay, but noticed that he wasn't here yet. I smiled at the librarian and went to find a table at the back. I decided to finish reading the books I checked out from our school's library. I didn't know how long Jay would be, but i hoped he would be here soon so I would't have to walk home too late at night. I was so exhausted from the lack of sleep i get at home, that I fell asleep.

Jay Pov

I walked into the library and immediately noticed the lack of people, I mean who comes to the library anymore. I didn't see beyonce in the front section so I decided to look in the back of the library. As i got to the back, I noticed a figure sleeping on top of a stack of library books. I recognized beyonce by her honey-blonde hair and smooth caramel skin. Wait what are you thinking Shawn?! This is beyonce! The freak who you don't like. Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I walked up to her small frame and slammed my bag down onto the table, startling her.

"Jay?"

"Yes loser, I walk in here ready to work and I find you sleeping. If you are here to waist my time then we might as well leave"

"No! I'm sorry, I just don't get a lot of sleep at home bec-"

"I don't care bout your problems, I just want to get an easy A."

" Alright."

I sat down and pulled out my laptop so I could take notes. I noticed Beyonce staring at me so I smirked and asked her if she saw something she liked.

"No-I just uh- Nothing let's get started" she said blushing. It was cute

"So I took some notes on Cephalopods and Molluscs just to get us started. I wanted to.."

I zoned out and focused on the way her lips moved and how her eyes lit up when she talked about these stupid sea creatures.

"Jay, Jay!, JAY!" beyonce screamed shaking me.

"Huh? Oh yeah I like that idea."

"What idea jay? I asked if you wanted to make a power point or not" she said slightly smiling

"Sorry, guess I kinda zoned out huh?" we both laughed. I never noticed how beautiful her laugh was. "But yeah a power point is good."

"Ok, I can start it out with some basic information and the notes I took, then we can add more after the trip to the museum"

"Yeah that sounds good. Do you know what our official assignment is?"

"No, but I emailed Ms. Williams and asked what she was looking for and she sent me a rubric. Basically all we have to do is take notes on what we see at the museum along with the information we already have. We are already doing the second part so we just have to wait till the trip to take notes."

She sounded so intelligent. Lord knows I am never around intelligent people, all Nicki know how to do is suck, swallow, and shop. I watched as she typed away. I'm just now noticing how she creases her eyebrows together and bites her lip when she is focused. We worked together on the power point for a few more minutes, talking and figuring out ideas for our presentation and project. Time really flew by and before we knew it the sun had set and it was just the two of us sitting in the library.

"Uh Jay what time is it?" she asked looking a tad bit worried

"8:30, why?"

"I have to go!" she said rushing to collect her stuff

"Wait, slow down for a sec, why are you in such a rush to leave?"

"I have to walk home, and well lets just say I don't live in the best neighborhood to be walking alone at night. I can work on it tomorrow after school."

"Wait bey, why you didn't just ask for a ride?"

She just looked at me, "Look Jay this is no time for jokes okay?! I know you would never give me a ride because of your friends and reputation, so please lets just be serious for once.

" I am serious bey. I can give you a ride- look its getting darker and darker, while we argue. I really do want to give you a ride, so lets go"

And with that me and her walked out the library together towards my car. What is going on with me?

*********

What do you guys think about Jay's feelings toward beyonce?

Comment + Vote