Calls And Messages

It's been two months since the broken engagement and if not for music video's and what not I HAVE NOT been able to leave the house, it was just too humiliating! Not only was the breakup eating me away inside, it had to be the international story everywhere right now. Why can't people just understand that I want to be left the Goddamn hell alone!

I was sitting on my couch practically inhaling bars upon bars of chocolate and heaping down scoops of ice cream down my throat. I wasn't depressed...this was how I spent most of my Sundays. I looked at the TV, half heartily watching John Tucker Must Die, it just wasn't as satisfying as it used to be.

I picked one of my phones up from the couch cushion next to me and looked at the screen. My Dad had been calling me non stop since the breakup, fearful that i myt try something foolish, Being engaged that long and not ending up married was the foolish thing. He kept telling me that the breakup wasn't my fault, ya right, and that Liam was a fool for even letting me go, he practically slammed the door behind me, and that no matter what he still loved me and supported any decision I make. Except of course my VMA performance, now that he didn't support in any way, shape, or form! He actually grounded me till he realized that we didn't live under the same roof anymore. But that my Dad, Billy Ray Cyrus...a friend, critic, preacher, and all around good man. I wouldn't know what to do, nay, i would be NOTHING with out the love, strength, and support he's provided me through out the years, even if the recent ones have been a pain in his behind.

And their it was, under the text message icon their was a cute little number '1', typical predictable Dad, always feeling the urger to-

....the message wasn't from dad...

IT WAS FROM NICK!!!

My thumb couldn't reach the icon quick enough, cause just as the message bubble pooped out their was and incoming call that blocked it. Don't you just hate that!?

*Incoming call....Dad*

I took a deep breath, Nick's message can wait, my father just needed to check to make sure his little girl was fine. Clicking on the green accept button I lifted the phone to my right ear and settled down into the couch for the long conversation to begin.

beeeeeeep, click ..."Hey Smiley"

"Hey daddy...."

* * * * *

I shouldn't have done that, should have just quietly forgotten what happened and slip out of her memory. But I just couldn't HELP it, have you ever felt this irresistible urge to just do something that just no good for you???

I'd wanted to drive by her place and use one of those "Hey I was just in the neighborhood" lines, but i quickly killed that thought. Next I though of Video chat but that would make me seem like a creep, calling was out because didn't it seem alil needy...didn't it?

So I settled for the simplest form of 21st century communication, a text message. But right after I hit the send button my mind just realized a thousand and one reasons why I shouldn't have sent the message. She could think I was too chicken not to talk to her in person, or she might think I was trying to hard, or worst of all she my see my name, laugh, and delete the thing without seeing it.

I instantly wished someone would make an app that could reach into other peoples phones and delete any all embarrassing things you might have sent.... okay now I'm starting to sound like a little girl. Leaving my phone in the kitchen I wondered into my room, grabbed the towel I left on the bed and walked into the bathroom. As i turned on I shower a sickening thought occurred to me, with it in mind i ran back through the house and grabbed my phone off the counter and looked at the screen...