The Night After Halloween

It's Friday, Friday, getting down on fridaaaaaay. Everybody looking forward to the weekend, weekend.

I chanted the song as I got out of the shower, I've been practically glued to my phone since Nick called just incase he changed his mind.

But he never did. I was beside myself with glee, I did a little dance in the middle of my room with nothing but a towel on. I must've looked like Willie Wanka. GOSH! I must look pathetic, but I just couldn't help it. I was finally excited about something for the first time in a long time. And I deserved it.

Yesterday had been Halloween, and I wore this awesome Lil' Kim outfit that she wore to the 1999 MTV's Video Music Awards. She's my all time fav rapper and I just thought it'd be the right outfit for the perfect holiday. Although I was more then alittle flattered by the amount of eyes I popped at the vent. Just goes to show you that I really cannot stop my slow downward spiral which will end up leading me to rehab...just like so many others.

Wait! Why am I thinking all these unhappy thoughts? Nick is taking me out and I should be ecstatic! And who knows, maybe something could develop from there, maybe, just maybe, Nick and I could pick up where we left off so many years ago. But that's a thought for another day, right now I had to decide what the heck I'm gonna wear!

The eternal pain of girls and women world wide, decided what to wear on a date. Is it a causal dinner and a movie? Or a walk on the beach and picnic kinda thing? An extravagant 5-star hotel dinner? Or an awkward stay at home with popcorn while your dad checks on you every five mins thing? What to wear what to wear, if only I could take a peep into his mind and figure out what the heck was going on in their.

I sighed out loud, maybe I should call him? NO, to lame, cmon Miley you can do this. "Urgh!"

I ended up picking the phone and dialing a number I hadn't dialed in a long time.

"Hello?" the soft but gruff female voice replied.

"Hey Em!" I tried to sound cheerful.

"M-miley?? Er, how are you where you been?" I had called Emily Osment, because well...I was desperate! "How'd you still have my number?"

Ouch! So she still remembered the fight we had and me telling her I'd delete her number and herself from my life. "Emmy, could we please put aside our past bullshit for one moment cause I really need you help"

There was a long silence on the other end of the phone. I didn't want people to know that I was 'going out' with Nick, but if their was anyone I could trust to keep my secret it would be Emily. She hated the tabloids and hated the gossip in it. The silence was so long that I even wondered if she had hung up on me.

"Alright fine, but don't think that this changes anything" She said lazily.

"Okay, so I have a...thing to go to today and I cannot decide on what to wear" okay so I might trust Emily but that doesn't mean I wont prolong telling her the truth as much as possible.

"And this thing being...?"

I took a deep breath "A date"

"WHAT!?" She practically made my ears ring. "Miley Ray Cyrus, your going out on a date?"

"Yeah?" I replied in more of a question then an answer.

"I don't like be the stick in the mud-"

"Yes you do!" I reminded her.

"-but you just had a broken engagement with one of the hottest guys on the planet! Shouldn't you be, you know, heart broken or something?" She finished unsure of herself, stating one of my biggest fears. What if people thought I broke up with Liam just for Nick? What if he thinks that? Oh my Gosh Oh my Gosh, I'm having a panic attack!

"Or maybe I shouldn't go out? You know stay at home, catch a movie?" I quickly said.

"What? No! I didn't mean it like that Miles, I just was shocked that's all. But you deserve some fun, after the way the tabloids- and the world in general -has been bitching about you" she reassured me...I think.

"Ooookay,I do don't I?" I replied.

"YA you do! I mean, its been like, what? I month?"and afew days, I added quietly. "So get out there and rock you date!"

"I will!" I said loudly with so much enthusiasm.

"So.....whose the guy?" she sneaked in the question, and before my brain could register it a replied;

"It's Nick!"

.........................................silence.................................

"Hello? Em?............Emmy?" I heard a loud THONK! On the other end of the line.

"Emily?"

I burst into a stream of laughter when I later realized that Emily had fainted.

*********************************************************************************************************************