Chapter 6

Juliette

When you die they say you can be reborn. I believe it. I saw Greg kill me. I saw a little remorse in his eyes but he looked almost relieved. For a man that vowed to love me, it didn't take him long to fall out of love.

When he killed me, I saw my body lying against the wall. He had indeed slit my throat and stabbed me numerous of times. I screamed and cried but no one could hear me. I heard Greg leaving messages on the answering machine trying to cover his tracks. I became angry and aloof, I wanted him dead.

I willed myself to find him. I ended up in a hotel room in Baton Rouge. I watched him sleep but I wasn't strong enough to do anything.

"You can get your revenge." I turned around to see the lady from the restaurant.

"What is happening to me?"

"You are in the in between. You have a choice to either die or to live."

"How is that even possible?" I asked.

"Because you have a powerful aura. You have the powers only a few possess in this whole world. You have the charm." She pointed to my necklace.

"The power runs through your veins as it was passed down from me and mines to every female. Each bloodline keeps the power and the charm navigates it. Priestess Oiju was the mother to all of us as her blood runs through us my child."

"He killed me. You knew he would. Who are you?"

"Josephine."

I was speechless.

"I came to warn you. You don't have to die. You have a good heart Juliette. This is not black magic, it is a power that God our creator passed down to us, his chosen people. Juliette open your mind and let the power flow through you. It will tell you what you have to do."

"Okay."

"I love you my daughter. Be well," she said and faded away.

I looked down at Greg. He slept as if nothing happened. I floated back to my house and waited. I saw what transpired as my mother and Cole saw my body. I wanted to touch them but I couldn't. My mother was crushed. Cole looked dazed and stunned. I watched them until the police took them away. I heard my mother's hurtful cry that turned into a scream and I felt her pain. I watched as they took her in the ambulance and my body away in the van.

When my father got the news he was devastated. I had never seen him cry in my entire life. If he did, it wasn't around me. He walked to my mother's room trying to keep his composure. He watched her rest as the tears continued to run down his handsome face.

My father and I looked alike. The light mulatto skin and dark green eyes and our ways made us two of a kind. He gave me everything. If I wanted the moon, he would try his best to get it for me.

My parents were the best. I hated to see them hurt. I watched as they held on to one another for support. Greg made me angrier with each passing moment. My parents and I were always the three musketeers. The only man my dad trusted with me was Cole. They had told me that Cole was the one but I didn't listen. Now I see my family was right.

I felt myself being pulled away. Wandering down the narrow hall I came to a door. Inside I saw Cole. He was tired and I felt his loneliness. I walked up closer as he told the story of Mother's Day. I smiled because I remember that.

"I love you Juliette. I wish you would come back to me," he said against my lips. I felt his warm tears as they ran down my face. I felt somewhat alive. He had given me strength to reveal myself.

I followed him home. He just looked so sad. Deep down I had always loved him, but I never wanted to lose him. I did when I married Greg. He begged me not to marry Greg and then he left. A part of me left with him. I just wished I had the nerve to tell him before I died.

I revealed myself to him. He thought he was dreaming. I think I had convinced him to complete the ritual. Now I just needed Greg to show up.

I went back to the hospital. I felt my energy leaving. I had used so much with Cole that I needed to say goodbye to my parents. I made it to my mother's room. My dad was in the cafeteria getting coffee and my mom was in the bed. I sat on the side rubbing her hair as the silky tresses covered my fingers.

"I love you mommy. You were the best mommy a girl could ever have." I felt tears falling from my face.

She turned as she heard my voice. "Oh honey I love you too. You are the best daughter a mom could ever have. I will love you forever. I will never stop loving you, I promise." I reached for her hand and kissed it.

"Goodbye mommy," I said. I watched her cry as I felt myself pulling away. I didn't want to leave but I knew I had to.

My dad sat in a quiet corner not far from my mother's room alone. I sat in front of him.

"Daddy can you hear me?"

He looked around until he finally faced me. "Juliette, oh God baby is it really you?"

"Yes, it's me."

"I knew you couldn't be dead."

"I am daddy and I don't have much time. I wanted to say how much I loved being your daughter and how much I love you now and until the end of the time. You are the best daddy and don't ever change."

"No baby you can't go!"

"I have too."

"Who did this to you?"

"Daddy I have to go."

"Did that monster Greg do this to you?"

"Yes daddy," I said crying. "Everyone was right I was wrong."

"Never baby," he said hugging me. I actually felt him as he shook with sorrow. I felt myself slowing leaving. I had a few more stops before I was completely gone.