Chapter 9 - Bacon and Auditions

"Dom Sheldon is a cold man! Dom Sheldon is a cold man!" Michael screams from my bedside table, waking me up. I set my alarm volume much to high.

I love this song, but I don't love being woken up by it. I need to remember not to set my alarm on shuffle.

I grunt and roll over, slamming my hand down on my phone to stop the alarm. I look at the time. It's 8:01, less than an hour away from today's audition.

Daniel and I drove to the theatre after breakfast yesterday morning. There must've been some sort of misunderstanding, as there was no actual rehearsal or lesson or audition yesterday. It was a just an information meeting about how big of a commitment this is, and how if anybody has any conflicts, they will not be eligible to be one of the principle dancers, no matter how good their audition is. Basically, they only want people who will dedicate their entire life to the show. I would definitely be a good candidate for that.

I hope Travis, Stacy, Kenny or even Michael feel the same way about me, because today is the actual final round of auditions.

I jump out of bed, and dig through my suitcase for a decent pair of clothes. I settle on a black tank top with red lace and sequins around the shoulders.  I grab a pair of half-length sweats and quickly walk into the bathroom.

The bathroom has sleek tile flooring and a large mirror that fills the entire wall. I slip my ratty pyjamas off and get into the shower. After about five minutes, I step onto the bathmat and grab one of the white towels that hung from the wall. After I dry my hair out with the towel, I wrap it around my body.

I take a hair elastic from my wrist and tie my hair up into a messy bun to let it dry. I don't want to wear any makeup today for some reason, so I put on the clothes that I chose. I put on my undergarments, pull the tank top over my head, put on my sweatpants, and I walk out of the bathroom without doing anything else. 

I go over to my bed, where my suitcase is on the floor beside it. As I zip up my suitcase, someone knocks on the door. I run over to the door and look through the peephole, only to see Daniel standing there. I open the door.

"Hey, good morning." He says.

"Hi!" I respond.

"How was your night?"

"It was fine, I slept alright. What about you?"

"Well, I slept okay I guess...I think that all of the adrenaline kept me awake." He says with a grin.

I laugh.

"So...I wanted to know if you wanted to come down for breakfast with me." He says, rocking back and forth on his feet.

"Yeah, for sure. Just let me get my stuff."

I run over to my bedside table and grab my phone and earbuds, and shove them into my pocket.

"Alright, let's go!" I say.

When we walk into the hallway, the smell of food immediately entices me once again. We walk through the doors of the restaurant to be greeted by an extensive breakfast buffet with lots of seating available.

I walk over to the buffet, marvelling over the heaps of delicious looking food. I take a plate from the giant stack, and carefully pick which foods I want.  Picking up a pair of tongs, I grab 3 or 4 pieces of bacon, a scoopful of scrambled eggs, and a small piece of toast. I put the tongs down and take a glass of milk from the counter. Daniel takes the same foods as me, except he takes a lot more bacon. There is clearly a common interest between the two of us: food. I see a table for two near the windows so I begin to walk there.