Chapter 8 - Camping

POV England

I wake up with a familiar weight on my chest, only now it's heavier and I can't pick him up and leave him in bed like I used to. God dammit how does he always end up there! And why did he have to grow so much! I nudge him gently awake.

"Hey America wake up, I need to go make breakfast."

"S'alright Iggy I got it." He says sleepily.

When I get downstairs the table was set, breakfast was on the table, my tea was made and poured into a mug, with a small jug of milk and a plate of sugar cubes next to it.

He's doing everything! He's completely independent, he doesn't need me for anything anymore, what if he tells me to leave because I'm useless to him now? I've got to do something! I think staring at the breakfast in dismay.

POV America

England's looking at the breakfast I made with a look of horror, I'm trying so hard to impress him so he'll be proud of me, but every time I do anything for him he just looks horrified. I've got to up my game!

"America this is all wrong! You've filled the tea cup up far too much and that breakfast is completely under cooked here let me do it!" He's treating like such a child! But I guess I have done everything wrong. I just need to work harder to get up to his standards otherwise he'll never be proud of me! I worked really hard on that breakfast too, well no point in getting yourself down, only look forward! I'll learn and get better!

POV England

America looks heartbroken, I want to tell him I'm sorry, thats it's perfect because it is. But once he realises that he can do everything on his own he'll leave and go find someone better just like everybody else. I need to go to a new level of nit picking, one which he will never be able to match! I start muttering insane instructions while I make the tea so he'll realise he still needs me and I still have a purpose in his life.

"Now you need to boil the kettle for exactly five minutes not a second over or under, place the tea bag in the tea cup for exactly one hundred and twenty seconds once the hot water has been poured in to the proper level which is exactly seven ninths up any cup and stir constantly at a constant rhythm seventy six times per minute to be exact,  then after you have to add three level tea spoons of cold water to balance out the heat loss!"

"Ok I'll do all of that next time!" Says America with a grin and I realise he's written the whole thing down on paper, this is going to be way harder than I thought.

Just then I remember the present I bought America, I hope he likes it took a bloody long time to find.

I go get it out of my bag and then promptly head back into the kitchen.

POV America

"Hey America, I forgot to give you this the other day. I saw it in a shop and I thought you'd like it. Luckily the only size was way too big for how tall I thought you'd be so it should fit." Oh god Iggy's fashion sense sucks, far too formal.

"Iggy, man, your fashion sense sucks, like it's better than France's but it sucks. Like show some skin dude, and dress casual more."

"Will you at least look at it you ungrateful git!" He hands me a folded up bomber jacket and oh my god it is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen, exactly my style.

"It's so awesome Iggy! Look! It has a fifty on the back!" I yell ecstatically, shoving it on quickly, it's a perfect fit, so warm too, and fluffy on the inside! And it has a cool sherifs badge and the shade of brown is to die for and seriously I did not think it was possible to fanboy this much over a jacket.