Prologue

Always Have and Always Will

Prologue

4 years ago

Peyton

Today was the day... It was all supposed to fall in place today. It probably would've been an understatement to say that I was ecstatic. The school had organised a sort of a farewell party for us, the seniors because we'd be  graduating school in a month. And in a month I'd be out of here. But that wasn't the reason behind my happiness.  Today I'd be popping the question to my Princess. I wasn't proposing to her or anything like that. We weren't even in a relationship, we couldn't be. But there was always hope as I'd be turning eighteen next month, on graduation, and then I'd be able to do whatever I wanted, legally, of course.

I was making a promise to her, a promise that no matter what happens, even if I'm not a part of her life, she'd always be a part of mine and that I'd always be there for her. It wasn't news to anyone that I was infatuated with her, thanks to some so-called 'friends'. But that didn't bother me, as long as she and I were on good terms. I knew my feelings weren't one sided. They surely couldn't be, with all the staring matches during class, friendly banter and discreet physical contact that took place . I was sure I wasn't reading too much into things.

We texted on a regular basis and had grown pretty close over the course of three years. She took a chance with me even though it was against the rules, why would she risk it if she felt nothing. I'm so whipped, its almost hilarious... Whenever she touched me, it sent tingles throughout my body. Her laugh was music to my ears. And every time she laughed or looked at me, my heart skipped a beat.

She made me feel alive.  She was a wonderful human being, and to compliment her personality, she was even more gorgeous... With her heart shaped face, almond shaped hazel eyes that I always seemed to get lost in.  She had a cute nose, high cheekbones. And those silky brown locks that cascaded down her shoulders... she was sheer perfection... if not to the world, then to me. God took his sweet time making someone so magnificent.

"So whipped..." A voice chimed in, interrupting my train of thoughts.

"Huh? Uh... sorry, what?" I fumbled.

"You were thinking about her, weren't you?" Natalie asked.

Natalie Mathison, quirky teenager, best friend extraordinare. We'd been best friends since third grade, joined at the hips. Wherever I was, Natalie was never too far behind.

"No, I wasn't... What makes you think that?" I asked, trying hard not to blush.

"Sure you weren't... You had that dreamy look on your face. The one you get every time that you think of her..." She replied, not believing a word I just said.

"Whatever..." I said, not much of response.

"So, tonight's the night, huh?" She asked.

"Yeah.." I said, not trying to hide my blush anymore.

"What do you think she'll say?"

"She'll probably tell me to stay away from her, and never to show my face to her again..." I replied dryly.

"Stop joking... She'd never do that, would she?"

" I don't know..."

Natalie had been just as smitten with Princess as I had been, if not more. The first time I saw her, three years back, I was awestruck. We were so obsessed over her, just as everyone was. It's not everyday you get to see beautiful teachers. Natalie soon gave up, so did the others. I never could, even if I wanted to. And now, here we were years later...