Chapter 2

"Are you hoping to find the love of your life tonight Carl's?" I asked my best friend Carly as she layered the make-up onto her face. Something I could never quite grasp was the reason why she piled it on the way she did. Her beautiful, clear skin required not even the minimum concealer yet she acted like she was some kind of monster.
"J shut up. We both know he doesn't exist." She replied seriously. Years of heartbreak had forced her to believe that she would never find the right man, I knew there must be a man out there among the 7 billion people on this Earth (most of which are male.) She was wearing a beautiful red bodycon dress paired with her favourite white heels and her brown waves framed her face perfectly. She was gorgeous. Any man would be lucky to have her.

We sat closely together at the club, shouting to hear one another above the music. I had gone to buy us both a drink and when I glanced back she had been joined by a very good looking man. I smiled over to her and raised a thumb in encouragement.

Everything began to move quite quickly after that. Weekly dates became more frequent with Pete staying over at our flat more that not, and after knowing each other for 3 months Carly decided to move out of the flat we had shared for 4 and a half years. I was happy that she was happy. She deserved everything and more. Pete was nice, he showered her with love and affection, improving her self-confidence. Although Carly moved out, we didn't see each other any less, we met up 5 days a week and continued to attend the groups we had joined together. Pete came along sometimes, cheery as anything. I even began dating one of his friends, Tom. Everything was picking up for all of us.