Chapter 3

Forcing its way through the curtains, the sunlight cascaded down onto the pile of sleeping limbs that was me and Tom. Next to me he grunted and I reluctantly opened my eyes. "Morning beautiful" He sighed sleepily squinting at the sun. "Morning Tom" I replied and snuggled into his bare chest. We lay there for ages just talking and enjoying the comfort. We had been together for 8 months now and Tom had just moved into the flat. I enjoyed having him around, 8 months without Carly being here had felt like hell. Tom got up for a shower trying to convince me to join him, I said I would in five minutes. I closed my eyes and snuggled into my pillow. Beside me my phone pinged and I picked it up to read the message I had from Carly:
Morning babes! How's it going with Tom? We've invited a few round for a barbecue tonight at 6:00 and you're coming. Don't be late we have some REALLY important/exciting news to share! Love ya!x
I  wrote a short reply and joined Tom in the shower and I told him the plan, he smiled knowingly.
"Please tell me what's going on Tom! I'm your girlfriend you have to tell me" I said convincingly.
"It's a surprise, and if I told you, I'd have to kill you. We don't want that do we? Now shut up or I'm going to tickle you!" He said and began to tickle me anyway. I squealed delightedly and squirmed away from his hands.

I wore a white and navy blue midi skirt with a white vest and some vintage shades. Tom wore a fitted navy shirt with black jeans.
"You look gorgeous Jen"
I batted my eyelashes at him and told him he looked irresistible, we were already running late due to the same kind of shenanigans so we locked the house and climbed into the taxi. Tom wanted a drink so he didn't want to drive and I refused to walk 2 miles in my heels. We got to Pete and Carly's at 6:33.
"You're a bit late aren't you mate?" Pete said making us both jump as he opened the door just as Tom was helping me to climb out of the taxi.
"Better late then never right?" Said Tom giving Pete a man hug, behind him was Carly, glowing with happiness. She dragged me upstairs before I had even got a chance to give Pete a hug. Once we were upstairs she passed me a cream envelope with my name beautifully calligraphed on the front. I opened it nervously as she beamed encouragingly at me. Inside was  a small piece of cream card

Jennifer Rose Perham,
Carly Jane Day and Peter Grantham would like you to be Maid of Honour at their wedding taking place on the           13 of August 2013

"Really?" I squeal excitedly hugging her so hard that I almost knock her over.
She hushed me immediately "The other guests don't know yet Jen! I wanted you to be first to know. There's something else though! I'm pregnant! But Pete doesn't know yet, I'm telling him tonight"
"God Carl's, is there anything else you're gonna Spring on me? Are you and Pete moving to Australia?"
She laughed nervously and I gave her a looked that told her she better not be.
"Well, Petes been given a promotion, but that's all. I swear" she revelled
Me and Carly discussed how it was definitely their lucky year and how happy I was for them both.
"Well, we'd better get downstairs before they send out a search party" I joked and gave Carly one last hug.

Me and Tom met again and he handed me a drink before wrapping one arm around my waist. We turned to face Pete and Carly along with the rest of the guests.
"Thank you all so much for coming tonight, me and Carly have found it very hard to keep this from you but we figured it would be even more special if we shared it all together. Last week I popped the big question to Carly here and we've set a date already! We're aware that we've only known each other for 11 months, but we're in love" They both gazed into one another's eyes at that point. "So, we'd like you all to join us on the 13 of August this year, yes just 2 months from now for the happiest day of our lives" The guest all cheered, Petes parents ran up to them and congratulated them both and Carly's parents followed. I showed Tom my Maid of Honour certificate and he told me how Pete had asked George Fisher to be his best man. Half an hour after Petes speech Carly had asked for everyone's attention.
"Hello everyone, I think me and Pete have spoken to just about everyone now, that you for all your kind congratulations. I would just like to take this opportunity you thank my fiancé for everything he has down for me and tell him how proud I am of him and his promotion at work. I would like to give him a present in exchange for this beautiful ring" She held out her hand and showed off her engagement ring, I had only just relied in her right hand she was holding a site and gold box, she passed it to Pete. Everyone went quite as he opened it. His mouth flew open and he dropped the box, picked Carly up and whirled her around.
"She pregnant!" He exclaimed and one again all of the soon to be grandparents ran to the soon to be Mr and Mrs Grantham and hugged Carly. Next to me Tom was equally as gobsmacked as Pete and I returned the knowing smile he had gave me earlier that  day.