Chapter 23

"I swear, Tim. I didn't know." Austin says softly as he stares at the screen of the laptop. "How could I have been so stupid."

"It was all part of her plan, Austin." Tim says with a shrug of his shoulders.

"I should have known though that something was up. She was just too interested in us." Austin says as he shakes his head. "What am I supposed to do?"

"Nothing." Adam answers.

"Nothing? How am I supposed to do that, Adam?" Austin asks, his eyes widening. "I'm living with a girl who wants my boyfrie...., my ex-boyfriend dead."

"Well, if you let her know that you know what's going on, you could be the next one dead." Chance says from his position by the door.

"Oh, this is just great." Austin shakes his head.

"You'll be fine. You're good at acting." Tim says as he heads toward the door.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Austin asks, standing up from the table.

Tim stops by the door to light a cigarette, blowing smoke into the air, he turns and gives Austin a cold look.

"You'll figure it out." Tim says as he reaches out for Adam's hand.

Chance walks over and picks up Kirstie's laptop then follows Tim and Adam out the door.

~~

They head back home in Chance's El Camino. Tim and Adam held hands as Tim stares out the passenger side window.

"Are you alright?" Adam asks as he rubs his thumb over Tim's knuckles.

"Yeah. I just wish I could live a normal life." Tim says as he stares out the window in a daze.

"As long as I've known you, you have never lived a normal life." Adam chuckles, kissing Tim on the shoulder.

"I just wish I could get drunk and relax." Tim smiles as he looks around at Adam. "What happened to the fun we were having at the cabin?"

"We came home." Adam answers with a frown.

~~

They walk into the house to hear laughter coming from the family room.

The three men give each other puzzled looks as they make their way through the house toward the laughter.

"What the hell?" Tim mumbles as they stop in the doorway.

Avi and Kirstie, their bodies intertwined in a game of Twister. Chris was reading out the positions.

"Oh, Hey, Guys." Chris says with a huge smile, looking at the three confused men.

"What are y'all doing?" Chance chuckles.

"We needed a tension breaker so we thought we would just play a game." Chris says.

"OWWWW! CRAMP!!" Avi yells out falling from his odd, twisted position and grabbing the calf of his leg.

"I WIN!" Kirstie shouts, holding her hand up in a victory.

"Y'all wanna play?" Avi asks as he massages his leg.

"Uh, No." Tim says as his eyes dart around.

"Come on, Tim." Avi smiles. "Let your hair down and relax for a while."

"My hair is down." Tim smirks. "Besides, Adam and I have injuries. We can't play."

Adam pouts and looks around at Tim.