Chapter 7: White Wings

Nick had just come out of the bathroom from brushing his teeth when he saw Angela's closed door. He decided that he would go say good night. He walked over and saw that the door was open a crack. He knocked lightly, there was no answer. Nick pushed the door open. Then froze. Angela was standing with her back to him, her rain jacket was on the floor. But on her back was a pair of shining white wings!

"Angela?" Nick was frightened and took a step back.

"Nick!" Angela spun around alarmed that he found her. Then she saw that there was no way out of this she drew her hand over her body and her clothes changed to a dress of white and a halo appeared above her head.

"Nick," She began again fiddling with her figures. "I need to tell you something. I'm your guardian angel."

Nick fell back onto her bed in shock.

"That is why you kept disappearing." he said connecting her weird behavior together.

"Yes, God sent me down to earth to look after you and bring you to Christ." She said "Nick, you must not tell your parents about this. it will be devastating to them. They can't find out. Ever."

For the first time, Angela became very serious. She stared at him.

"Alright, I won't tell. So what now?" "We just continue like nothing happened until my creator takes me back up to heaven." She instructed then she grabbed her jacket and put it on. Then the brilliant light emitting from her vanished leaving only the flickering light bulb to light up the room. They sat in her room for a while staring at the green walls. Finally, Nick got up said good night and left.