Fusion?

Emerald, the ever observant one looked at Garnet and turned over her palms.

"You have two gems." He said

"Yep" said Garnet.

"Why? What are you?" He asked.

"I am a fusion. The combination of two gems. But I am also myself." Said Garnet.

Aqua's eyes sparkled. "Can you show us how to fuse?" She asked looking at Garnet with pleading eyes.

"I am not unfusing for you." Was all Garnet said. Aqua and the others looked disappointed. Until...

"I'll show you how to fuse! That is if Amethyst doesn't mind." Steven and the 6 new gems looked at her hopefully.

"Sure. Anything for you and the other Kindergarteners." She replied nonchalantly.

"Yay!" Shouted Aqua jumping up and down excited. She turned to Emerald, "What do you think is gonna happen?!"

"If you would shut up and watch you'll see." He said.

"Ready Steven?" Asked Amethyst.

"Ready." Was Stevens reply.

The two began to dance. Hips were swaying, arms were moving, spins and turns happened until at the end was an embrace. Then a flash of light as bright as their personalities themselves burst through the room along with smoke. When the light and smoke disappeared, there, standing in the place was Steven and Amethyst, stood a new gem. She was round and brown, with chocolate coloured hair and eyes. Light freckles danced on her skin. She wore a shorter version of Stevens shirt. Steven shorts combined with Amethyst's tights and boots. She had 3 arms. 1 arm growing out of the other. "Sup?" She said to the new gems.

They stared in awe if this new gem. Then Hematite spoke up. "Who are you?" He asked her. The fusion stood and smiled smugly. "Guess." She said. Then Pearl let out a loud gasp. "Steven! I didn't know you could fuse with another gem! And Amethyst at that... But wow. It's been such a long time since I've seen Smokey Quartz. Of course she didn't look like this the last time I saw her, but-" Pearl was cut off by Aqua.

"Smokey Quartz! You're name is Smokey Quartz!" She said happily.

"That doesn't count. You heard Pearl say my name. Thanks Pearl..." Said Smokey. Pearl blushed in embarrassment.

"So dancing makes you fuse?" Asked Onyx

The two unfused. Then Amethyst said, "well yeah. But it's more than just dancing. It's, i don't know, I just do it ya know?"

"Well, I just sort of use how I'm feeling to fuse." Said Steven.

Then Garnet piped in. "Everyone has their own unique way of fusing. But in the end they all come out as an experience. "

"Nicely put Garnet." Praised Pearl.

"I want to fuse now." Said Selenite. "Me too!" Said everyone else except Emerald who said, "I'm good. You guys go."

And so the music was popping. And bodies were moving. Garnet and Emerald sat on the side lines watching as the others danced together.

"I'm starting to have second thoughts. I don't want to dance in front of all these people..." said Onyx.

"Come on! It'll be fun! You'll see." said Selenite as she happily grabbed Onyx's hand and started to dance like she was alone in her bedroom. Soon enough the two were jamming along to the beat when Steven accidentally bumped into Selenite sending her straight into Onyx. The two gems fell on the floor with an "Umpf!"

"I'm so sorry! Are you ok?" Asked Steven. However the two gems in question just looked at him, then at each other and burst out laughing.
And a bright light burst forward consuming all in the room with its brilliance.