We are who?

The light subsided and in the place of Onyx and Selenite was a new gem. She had skin that was a dark but not too dark grey, just a bit darker than normal grey, grey. Her long hair was the color of soot and ash. She wore a leotard with long sleeves, short black cargo shorts, a vest hoodie, and a choker.

She opened her sky grey eyes, looked at everyone's face. "What?" Asked. Then made a strange face. "Why does my voice sound like this?" She was starting to panic. She feverishly looked over herself. "What happened to me? Her. Us!" She said. Garnet simply put her hand on the new gem's shoulder.

"Calm down" said Garnet. "You just fused."

"We.. did?" She asked.

Garnet nodded. "I'm impressed. You fused on your first try. Good job."

"But I wasn't- we were just- grrrr!"

"It's alright. You two will just have to figure it out on your own. Now listen. I will tell you what I told Stevonnie. You are not two people, and you are not one person. You are an experience. Now. Go. Have Fun!"

"But how can I have fun, when I don't even know who I AM!"

Pearl cut in. "I believe you are a  Tourmaline Quartz. Judging by the new colors or the gems."

"Tourmaline Quartz..." said the gem. Feeling out the words with her mouth. "I guess it's ok, for now. I want a different name. A more human name."

Steven's eyes lit up. "I know! You can look through these magazines and pick a name you like." He said handing her a stack or magazines.
"I guess I could.." she said taking the magazines.

She looked, and looked. Hours went by. Everyone else was doing something different. Playing video games, drawing pictures, reading books, watching TV. You name it. Well except Steven. He fell asleep. The sun was just starting to rise when she found it. The perfect human name. She let out a loud, "THAT'S IT!" And quickly covered her mouth. Embarrassed by her sudden out burst. But she removed her hand grinned at her new name.

Steven sleepily stumbled down the steps and made himself comfy on the couch with the fusion. "So you found a name huh? That's great! What is it?" He asked still sleepy but very excited.
She turned to him and said her new name proudly. "Ayonna."  Then Steven stuck at his hand, holding hers, and began to shake it up and down. "Hello Ayonna," said Steven, "It's nice to meet you. Ayonna smiled and shook his hand back replying, "It's nice to meet you too."