Chapter 2

The next day Natsu could be found hanging around the guild hall eating and talking with whoever was willing to listen to his shouts about being the strongest wizard in Fairy Tail.

 Today, however, since his arms were bandaged he was having a harder time than usual convincing his fellow guild mates. 

"Hey Natsu if your supposedly the strongest wizard in the guild then why are your arms bandaged up huh? Come on Natsu if you were a real man you would admit that you probably lost a fight or something!"

"Shut up Elfman I already said that I fought that ice freak yesterday and even though I did win, the pervert managed to get in a couple of good punches before I wiped the floor with him. Now look what I can do with my fire!"

After distracting everybody by showing them a flashy fire works display with his dragon slayer magic, Natsu managed to avoid telling the truth by giving Gray more credit than what he actually earned from their fight.

 A couple minutes later Natsu was bored and was sitting at a table by himself in a corner trying to think of something he could do to pass the time. He was considering tagging along with happy to go catch some fish but as soon as he had made up his mind, he felt a hand grab his hair followed by a sharp pain. Whomever was pulling his hair pulled it hard enough to make Natsu head tilt up a decent way. 

"Meet Juvia outside behind the guild hall and don't tell anybody if they ask why you need to go behind the guild hall."

After giving him the orders Juvia looked around and quickly walked towards the back exit and went outside. 

Soon after Natsu stood up and did the same except he was rubbing the spot on his head where it hurt the most while leaving. 

"Hey Natsu where are you going usually people leave through the front entrance you know."

"I'm just ganna go get some air is all I'll be back in a bit Cana". 

"Whatever. Hey Elfman if your a real man than let's see which one of us can drink the most without passing out."

Before he opened the door he had a realization. 

What if the reason she wanted to meet him outside was because she was still mad over what he did to Gray yesterday and was about to receive part two of his punishment?

 He convinced himself that if it did come to that then he could just yell for help. After all they were meeting right outside the guild hall. Anybody would be able to here his screams of agonizing pain if it were to come to that.

 He opened the door and immediately met Juvia glare with his eyes and immediately regretted opening the door. She slowly walked towards him, her glare digging away at his soul making him feel a level of fear that only Erza had been able to make him feel in the past. He felt a lump in his stomach and was paralyzed by fear. 

Not knowing what to do he braced himself for a potential kick to the gut by closing his eyes, but quickly opened them when he felt a belt of water wrapped around his mouth. He couldn't talk but was able to breathe through his nose. Juvia then leaned in close and started to talk.  

"Listen closely to what Juvia has to say to you Natsu. Have you told anybody about what transpired between you and Juvia yesterday?"

Since Natsu couldn't talk all he did was vigorously shake his head from left to right.

"Good... Listen Natsu, Juvia would like to apologize for what she did to you. And Juvia is not talking about the part where she hit you a lot. Juvia is apologizing for the other thing she did to you.."

By this point in the conversation that looked more like an interrogation Juvia's face became a bit flustered and a light blush was slowly starting to become visible. After collecting her thoughts she spoke again. 

"Juvia wants you to forget that she kissed you. Juvia is not sure why she did it but it certainly was not out of love or lust because Juvia only has that for her precious Gray. 

That last statement made Natsu's eyes open wider as he thought to himself about how even though Gray treated Juvia more like an annoyance than a friend, she still held love for him in her heart. 

"Well then if you are willing to cooperate and do as Juvia said I will now remove the water I placed on your mouth to keep you from screaming. You see Juvia thought she would have to hurt you again to keep you quite, but luckily it didn't have to come to that. Come on Natsu lets go hang around with our friends in guild hall, now that this is behind us we can go back to the way things used to be. Oh and by the way Natsu if you hurt Gray ever again I won't hesitate to do the same again. Actually you can go on ahead inside I'm gonna go find Gray and we'll meet you inside."

"Why?..."

"Huh what did you say Natsu?"

"How?..." How could you love someone that treats you so terrible! Don't you notice it Juvia? Whenever Gray hears that your on your way to the guild he either leaves or tries to hide himself! He sees you more as an annoyance than a friend and it's wrong. You deserve to be treated better! Juvia I don't know why you kissed me, but since then I haven't stopped thinking about you. I... I think I love you Juvia."

He stood there with his eyes closed and his face ready for the first punch that never came. 

Instead he heard her running towards him and felt her warm embrace which left him a bit shocked. They stared at each other and with tears running down Juvia's face she said...

"Natsu, Juvia thinks she likes you too she thinks that the reason she kissed you yesterday was because that was the day she noticed all of what you just said about Gray."

It was clear at this point that Juvia needed to cry and to let it all out so Natsu took off his scarf and wrapped it around Juvia's neck, and embraced her as she cried. He never let her go not even for a second. 

Eventually she fell asleep in his arms, so he took her to her home and placed her on her bed. He started to walk towards his own home wondering what he would do the next time he would see her.

The Struggle to Let Oneself Love AnotherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara