Chapter 9

Percy's POV
At the end of class, I caught Annabeth. "Hey, do you need a ride to the party?" I scratched the back of my neck nervously.

She flashed her pearly whites at me. "Sure! I was looking for one anyway."

I smiled back at her. "What class do you have next?"

She glanced at her schedule briefly before saying, "Gym, how about you?"

My smile turned into a grin. "Me too!"

She grinned back at me, and said, "Then come on, Seaweed Brain! We don't want to be late!"

I raised an eyebrow. "Seaweed Brain?"

She smirked. "Yeah, cause you have seaweed for brains."

He rolled his eyes. "Then what should I call you? Owl eyes? Smartypants? Oh wise one?"

Her nose scrunched up. She shook her head no.

I snapped my fingers. "I got it! Wise Girl."

She smiled a little. "That's not too bad."

I huffed. "For your information, all of my nicknames are good."

Her small smile grew into a smirk. "Are you coming or not?" Before I could answer, she gripped my arm and tugged me to gym.

Annabeth's POV
As I got to gym, I let go of Percy's arm and stood awkwardly with my other classmates. Thank god we didn't have gym clothes, but we still had a dress code.

A short man with a goatee stood in front of the class. I didn't notice him at first because of his height. "Listen up, cupcakes! I'm Coach Hedge. Now give me 20 push ups!"

At first, no one moved. Then everybody leaned forward and did push ups. I saw a red hairball, I mean Rachel, did one push up then sat down, whispering and giggling with her friends. Coach saw her and yelled, "Hey! Where are your push ups?"

Rachel fake-smiled at him. "I finished them."

Coach seemed unfazed. "Then you'll have no problem doing ten more. In front of the class."

Rachel glared at him. She got down and did one push up, then stopped and sat down with a huff. I saw others smirk around me, and I had a smirk of my own.

Coach locked eyes with Percy. "You! Show her how it's done." Percy seemed surprised, but did twenty push ups anyway. Coach looked around and his gaze landed on me. He pointed a finger at me and said, "You! Sit on his back!" My eyes widened, but I gently sat on Percy's back, wanting to give him as less weight as possible. Coach must have noticed because he told me to get my feet off the ground.

Sorry Percy, I thought as I lifted my feet. He still did five more push ups before Coach told him to stop. I shot up from his back, and I could feel Rachel's glare.

Coach finally took attendance and ended the class. I went up to Percy and mumbled, "Sorry Percy.".

He grinned. "It's fine." He took my hand, squeezed it, and let go. Immediately, I felt my cheeks go hot, and I could see Percy's blush.

Before either of us got the chance to say something, Rachel walked up. "Hey Sweetie." She smiled up at him and rubbed his arm.

He leaned away from her touch. "Uh, hey Rachel."

He grabbed my hand and fled. When we finally stopped, I started laughing. Percy stared at me, confused. "What's so funny, Wise Girl?"

I couldn't tell him I was happy that we got away from Rachel, and that he held my hand, but then he'd think I had a crush on him. I realized we were still holding hands, and let go, and started blushing again.

___________________________________________

Thanks for reading this chapter Percabeth shippers! I know I don't update a lot but thats because I've recently been engrossed in my Miraculous Ladybug books. Look forward to the next update in a couple of weeks since i'm in a different country right now.