22

It seemed like things were starting to level back to normal, or rather what I thought normal should be. Vic and I were on good terms, and I felt like the world was balanced.

Vic and I were about to go get something to eat. I hadn't really left the house with Vic unless it meant going to the center, but he told me he was hungry and didn't feel like cooking today. So we drove for a while, and me only knowing small parts of the city, had no idea where we were going, and Vic wasn't helping.

"Where are we going?" I asked from the passenger seat. Vic didn't respond, but rather smiled and shook his head.

"Can you at least give me a hint." I tried.

"Nope." He responded.

"Hmm, this feel an awful lot like when you dropped me off at rehab." He glared at me for the comment. Okay, maybe that wasn't something I should have joked about.

Eventually we pulled into a random street and parked on a random person's curb. This didn't look like a food place.

"Is this it?" I asked, confused.

"No. We have to make a quick stop, but I promise we will go eat after." He explained before unbuckling his seatbelt and getting out of the car. I wanted to throw a tantrum, or just yell at Vic because I was hungry and wanted to eat already. I didn't understand why we couldn't just do this after.

I settled for a simple eye roll, getting it out before Vic came over to my side of the car and opened my door for me. We walked along the sidewalk, passing houses that looked oddly familiar. I must have walked down this road before.

As we continued walking, something hit me. I knew why this street seemed so familiar. I knew exactly where we were. I stopped walking next to Vic. He noticed I had stopped and stopped as well, looking back at me.

"Why would you bring me here?" I questioned.

"I think it will help you." He said, simply.

"I can't believe you." I shook my head.

"Kellin, you need to talk to them. You need to see your parents." He said.

"Are you freaking kidding me? In case you forgot, I got into all of this mess because of them." Morally, I knew I needed to stop blaming my parents for everything, but it was easier said than done.

"No, you were in the trouble you were in because of yourself, and you know that. You have to take responsibility for your own actions." He scolded like a parent, and I really did feel like a child right now.

I sighed heavily and dramatically. "Fine. But do I have to be nice?" I asked.

"Respectful." He stated. I rolled my eyes and began walking again. I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready to hear what they had to say.

We walked up to the place I grew up in. The place where I ate and slept, and spent holidays. The place where I have felt everything. I lost my virginity in this house, along with everything that I had once loved. I wasn't sure what to expect. Would they yell at me? would they try excepting me with open arms-like they should have done a long time ago. I just didn't know, and it was fucking terrifying.

Vic knocked on the door before standing beside me. I wanted to grab his hand because I was scared, but I also felt like I had to act extremely straight right now. It was almost like l was embarrassed of my sexuality, but then again, it was kind of the state of mind I found with my parents. They didn't like that I was gay, and now I felt like I had to hide it.

The door opened after a short while. Both my parents were at the door, which I found intimidating.

"Kellin!" My mom's face lit up as she opened the door further.