Chapter 10

Eunji's Pov
After ending the call, I rushed to my room to fetch myself a thick jacket before heading to the hospital as the weather outside was freezing.

Especially late at night...

Before I could step out of the house, someone stopped me.

"Eunji? Where are you going?" I turned to my right to see eomma waking up.
"Meeting Eunyeong." I said.
"But it's late at night and you have work tomorrow right?" She said, feeling concerned.
"Don't worry eomma. I'll be back home before going to work." I said with an assuring smile.
"Ok then. Be safe." She said and went upstairs to her room.

I let out a relief sigh as she does not continue questioning me more and let me go easily. I went outside, calling a cab as I don't own a car and I can't expect Eunyeong to fetch me when she was crying madly at the hospital.

When the taxi arrived, I hastily got in and told the driver the venue before he could ask me.

During the taxi ride, I stared outside the window, gazing at the stars shining above. It has been so long since I looked up at the dark blue sky to see tiny dots of stars. By just gazing at it, it reminds of me and my appa.

When I was at the age of seven, appa would always bring me to the backyard at night to see the stars and would bring his telescope along for us to get a better view of it. Sometimes, we would camp at our backyard and eomma would make a fuss about it as she hated to see me getting a cold or bitten by mosquitoes. Anyways, despite eomma worrying about me, she let me camp with appa as she wanted me to spend time with him and have a good father-daughter relationship. In addition, appa seldom spends time with me because of work.

"Miss, we're here." The taxi driver informed.

I snapped out of my deep thoughts and peeked at the amount that I have to pay. When I caught the sight of the amount, my eyes widened in shock.

"Almost twenty dollars! Are you kidding me?!" I said, not believing the reality.
"Sorry miss but can you hurry up? I have to rush somewhere. It's urgent." He said, waiting impatiently for me to hand him the money.

I shook my head at the thought of paying almost twenty dollars for a trip to the hospital and quickly dug the money out of my wallet and handed it to him before he gets more impatient.

Great. Now how am I going to go home?

With the money I have left in my wallet, it was not sufficient for me to take another cab for a ride home.

Wait...Eunyeong can drive me home. She has a car and I am hundred percent sure that she would give me a ride home.

Knowing that my problem is solved, I spread a relax smile on my face and went inside the luxury-looking hospital.

"Eunji!" I spun around to see Eunyeong running towards me as if she was my lost child who had finally found her mother.

She pulled me in for a very tight hug which I could barely breathe and her perfume was making me dizzy. After a while, she released me and flashed me her bright smile which made me feel weird. She was in full sorrows over the phone and now, she came back to her joyful self?

Gosh, sometimes I don't understand her.

"So why were you crying?" I asked.
"Suga...He didn't sleep and eat well because he was busy working which causes him to faint." She explained.
"So is he ok now?" I asked, feeling a little concerned.
"Ya. He woke up before you arrive." She said.
"So why are you crying so hard? I mean he only fainted and he just needs to get plenty of rest that's all." I said.
"Eunji. Can you be more sensible. I'm his girlfriend and of course I am worried for him. Anything bad can happen to him." She told me and knocked my head with her purse.

I winced in pain and rubbed my head while glaring at her.

"Fine. I get it. So can I see him?" I asked.
"He's asleep so I don't think we should wake him up." She said.
"So what am I suppose to do now?" I asked again.
"Hm..Maybe you can hang around with me for a while here...Or you can head home." She answered simply.

Hearing her simple answer she gave to me, made me feel unbelievable. I can't believed that I sacrificed my sleeping time to come all the way here to see Eunyeong feeling better already after telling me Suga's condition was not serious.

Arrrrggghhhhhh!

"Eunyeong, are you kidding me? I came all the way here to hear this news and you're telling me to go home now?!" I burst out frustration.
"Ok ok fine. I'm sorry! Just that I don't think twice before calling you." She said.

I let out a tiring sigh and calm myself down before I become a mad person.

"Ok fine. I forgive you but can you send me home?" I asked pleadingly.

Thinking of my comfy bed, made me feel desperate to go home quickly and snuggle into the soft pillows.

"Uh...About that..." She looked away, avoiding my gaze.

Wait...What does she mean by that? Was she going to say...

"I came here by riding a cab because I was in a mental breakdown when I got to know Suga was brought to the hospital." She explained.

She did say it.

My jaw immediately dropped down hearing her mentioning that she came here by taxi too. I slapped my forehead for a few times which made Eunyeong looking at me with a weird look.

"Uh...Are you ok?" She tapped on my shoulder lightly.
"Do I look like I'm ok to you? I spent my twenty dollars for a ride to come here and I don't have enough money to go home. I told eomma that I'll be home before I go to work and now, I don't think I can go to work." I said, feeling frustrated.
"And you didn't bring your car which makes the situation even worse." I added.

I went to sit on the nearest chair and buried my face into both of my palm. I can't believe that I am having a miserable day today.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated which made me feel annoyed. I took it out from my jacket's pocket lazily and tapped on the message sent.

Tae : Eunji, are you asleep?

I immediately plastered a smile on my face and texted him back.

Me : Nope. Why aren't U sleeping?
Tae : I don't feel sleepy when Ur not around with me.
Me : Aish. Stop being childish.
Tae : How about U. Aren't U sleepy?
Me : I am but...
Tae : But?
Me : I'm in a hospital.
Tae : Hospital?! R U hurt? What happened?
Me : Nothing. I'm just accompanying Eunyeong here.
Tae : What happened to her?
Me : She's ok. Her boyfriend is not.
Tae : Oh...
Me : Taehyung..Uh..Can U fetch me from here? If Ur fine with it.
Tae : Well, anything for U Eunji. I'll be right there.
Me : OMG! THANK U!

"Eunyeong, I'm going home straightaway when Taehyung arrive." I said excitedly.
"So he's coming here to fetch you?" She said in a soft timid tone.
"Yup." I said gleefully.

When I was busy exciting myself, I noticed Eunyeong was looking sad and disturbed.

"Eunyeong, are you ok?" I asked concernly.
"Well...Are you still mad at me? Cause I feel bad for making you spent your twenty dollars-" She was going to finish her sentence when I cut her off.
"Eunyeong. Why would I be mad at you. I was just frustrated that's all." I said, giving her a tight hug.

She flashed me a relief smile and hug me too.

♡Hey guys! Hows the story? Comment down below! ^-^♡