Meeting V and The Destruction of the Old Bailey

Victoria's POV

Evey and I were getting ready to go out, while listening to the TV and we eventually turned it off, before quickly leaving. We saw men walking around and ran to an alley, when we bumped into a man. "We're sorry." We said in unison trying to walk around him.

"It's past curfew you know." He told us. "Our uncle, he's very sick." Evey told him, then more men came and she got out her pepper spray, before they showed us that they're finger men. We tried to run, but they stopped us and tried to rape us, until we heard a voice.

"The multiplying villainies of nature do swarm upon him." The men turned around in shock. "What the hell!?" "Bugger off!" Then he brought out a knife.

"Disdaining fortune, with his brandish'd steel which smoked with bloody execution." He said, then fought the three men and won, saving us. "Tori, are you alright?" Evey asked and I nodded.

"What about you?" I asked and she nodded, before we looked at the man, who saved us when he turned to us. "I can assure you I mean you no harm." He told us, when she hid me behind her.

"Who are you?" She asked. "Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask." He told us.

"Oh we can see that." I told him. "Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation. I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is." He told us and we nodded confused.

"But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me, then in lieu of a more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona. Viola! I'm view a humble vaudevillain veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation by a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition." He then made a V on the wall and looked at us over his shoulder.

"The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose. So let me simply add, that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V." He told us as he bowed.

"Are you, like, a crazy person?" Evey asked. "I am quite sure they will say so." He told is and I quietly laughed.

"But to whom, might I ask, am I speaking?" He asked. "Evey." She answered.

"And the woman behind you?" He asked. "Victoria." I answered.

"Evey and Victoria? Of course you are." He told us. "What does that mean?" I asked.

"I mean that I, like God, do not play with dice and do not believe in coincidence. Are you hurt?" He asked and held out his hands to help us stand, which we accepted. "We're fine thanks to you." I told him.

"Oh I merely played my part." He told us. "And quite well." I commented and he chuckled.

"Tell me, do you enjoy music, Evey and Victoria?" He asked. "I suppose." She answered. "I like it very much." I told him.

"You see I'm a musician of sorts and on my way to give a very special performance." He told us. "What kind of musician?" She asked.

"Percussion instruments are my specialty. But tonight I intend to call upon the entire orchestra for this event and would be most honored if you ladies could join me." He told us and we shared a glance. "I don't think so, I think we should be getting home." She told him.

"I promise you, it'll be like nothing you've ever seen and afterwards, you'll return home safely." He told us. "All right." I told him and Evey quickly turned her head to me in confusion.

"Tori?" She asked. "He saved us we can at least return the favor by joining him." I told her and she sighed in defeat. He took us to the roof of a building, then he took out a baton.

"Tell me do you know what day it is?" He asked. "November the 4th." She told him.

"Not anymore." He said, then the clock chimed, meaning it was midnight.

Remember, remember the 5th of November

I recognized the poem he was saying and joined him.

The gunpowder treason and plot

He looked at me, before slowly walking towards me as we continued this time in unison.

I know no reason
Why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot

When we finished, we were right in front of each other with our foreheads touching and we gazed into each others eyes, before he started conducting, then I heard music from the speakers. "Evey listen closely, then you can hear it." I told her and she did, before the Old Bailey was blown up.