Chapter 1

Something was wrong with Dean.

Sam, the first to notice it, guessed that Dean was just tired from their last hunt, a witch in a small town in Ohio. They resolved it quickly and painlessly, or so they thought.

Sam realized the seriousness of what's going on with Dean after a few hours on the road back to the bunker, when Dean turned off his music with a groan because of a pounding migraine.

"That's it, Dean. I'm calling Cas, and having him meet us at the bunker. You look, and probably feel like hell. The witch must have done something to you," Sam said while pulling out his phone.

Dean wanted to argue, but really felt like shit. "Whatever, Sammy. I'm fine, it's just a headache."

Sam dialed Cas and told him to meet them at the bunker in a few hours.

****

Dean drove his Impala into the bunker's garage, parked, and he and Sam both got out.

"I'm starving," Dean told Sam, and made his way to the kitchen. As he was making himself something to eat, he overheard Sam greet Castiel and fill him in on the situation.

With a sandwhich in hand, Dean followed their voices. Dean came to an abrupt halt when Sam and Cas came into view. Dean's jaw dropped to the ground in suprise.

Huge sleek black feathered wings hung from Cas' shoulders. Dean gazed upon the shiny beautiful feathers, they spread when Cas noticed Dean. Dean almost didn't hear Sam.

"Dean? What's wrong?!"

Cas followed Dean's gaze to his back, and realized what Dean was looking at. Shocked and embarrassed, he brought his wings tight to his back, and said, "How? How can he see them?"

Sam was worried, and no one was answering him, "What can he see? What is going on? Someone tell me!"

Cas was the one to speak up, "He can see my wings. Only really powerful beings can."

Dean was still in awe at the utter beauty of the now closed wings, but spoke up, "Then how can I?"

Dean took a bite of his sandwhich, and as Castiel talked, Dean couldn't help but stare at them. He was wondering why Cas had them so tight to his back, unlike before he realized he could see them. Maybe he was embarrassed. That thought blared through his mind.

"I am not certain yet, but whatever gave him this much power to be able to see an angel's wings must have been very powerful to begin with." He touched to fingers to Dean's forehead feeling Sam's gaze as he did so.

"The power source came from southern Ohio." He turned to Sam, dropping his hand from Dean's head, "You two killed the witch, correct?" Sam nodded.

Cas sighed. "Her power must have transferred to the closest being. Many powerful witches do this so they can pass their power through generations. She must have had at least ten generations of power to fully see and pass on the ability to see an angel's wings."

Dean finally spoke up, " So, you're saying, I have ten generations of powerful witchy powers in me?" Cas nodded. "Ugh, witches." Dean rolled his eyes.

Cas got uncomfortable knowing that Dean was staring at his wings. Sam got up to go get a beer.

" Get me one too, Sammy!" Dean yelled after Sam.

Dean turned back to Castiel. " Why are you hiding them?"

Cas cleared his throat before speaking," Wings are an angel's weakest and most sensitive part, but they are also our most powerful. As you know, we use them alot to get places, and they assist us in battles."

He relaxed his wings, and spread them out slightly after telling Dean. Dean noticed this, and couldn't help himself. He reached out and grazed his fingers on the soft smooth feathers. Castiel moaned.

Suprised, Dean quickly took his hand back. Cas looked embarrassed and violated. He stepped back, and with a flap of his wings, was gone.

Sam came back in, two beers in hand,"Where's Cas?"

"I don't know," Dean replied annoyed at himself for scaring Cas away.