Trapped Innside

So they get locked inn. 

.

So Sorey and Mikleo were locked in their room.

They had woken up, noticing that the others inside of Sorey didn't greet them in the morning as usual. They thought nothing of it, assuming that the rest of the party had gone downstairs to order breakfast. Getting dressed, Sorey had been the one to walk to the door, placing his hand on the knob and...

It wouldn't turn.

He tried again.

The doorknob rattled in his hand, but it was clear that it wasn't going to open.

"Sorey?" Mikleo called from the other side of the room, halfway through buckling his belt corset.

Sorey tried jimmying the knob again. It wouldn't budge.

"Uh, Mikleo. I think the door's stuck."

"What? Let me see," Mikleo hurriedly crossed over to the door, nudging Sorey out of the way so he could see for himself. Sure enough, it didn't open. "What? What is this? It should only lock from the inside!"

Sorey scratched his head, a confused expression on his face. "It won't open, though. Could it be jammed?"

Mikleo shook his head, "No, the others would have taken care of it on their way out. Unless--" Suddenly, his friend rushed toward the door, slamming his shoulder into it. It knocked into the wood with a hard thud.

"Wha--" Sorey raised his hands to stop this madness. "Mikleo, please! You're going to hurt yourself!"

"And if I hurt myself, I can heal myself, Sorey." Mikleo said very matter-of-factly. After a few more bangs of his shoulder against the door, they found that he couldn't get it to open, either.

"See?" Sorey said, guiding his friend away as he glared at the structure that had wronged him. "There's another way to go about this, you know."

"Like what?" Mikleo huffed, sitting on one of the beds. His eyes burned holes at the immovable exit.

"Well, the others have to be coming back up soon, right? They'll let us out." Sorey nodded to himself with complete faith in the rest of their team. Maybe it had just gotten stuck on their way out and none of them had noticed it.

Mikleo let loose a loud and frustrated sigh. "Gee, I wonder why I get the feeling that such a thing won't happen," he muttered, tone edged with sarcasm.

"And why do you think that?" Sorey asked, eyebrows knit together in genuine confusion. There wasn't anything that would be gained from trapping the two of them in the inn room, in his opinion. It just seemed like a waste of time.

Mikleo let out a few garbled noises, burying his face in his hands. "...Because."

"...Because what?" He walked over, sitting down beside Mikleo on the bed.

"Just-- Just trust me on this, Sorey. They aren't coming to let us out," the words tumbled off of Mikleo's tongue, and he waved his hand in Sorey's face uselessly.

Sorey blinked. "Ookay. If you say so." He did trust Mikleo, but what he was saying right now didn't make much sense in Sorey's mind. He knew something that Sorey didn't, that much was for sure. But if he didn't want to talk about it, then he couldn't be forced. That would get them nowhere. "Oh!" Sorey said suddenly, standing up and placing his fist in his palm. "I get it. This is a puzzle!"

"What." Mikleo took his face out of his hands to stare at Sorey in disbelief.

"They're testing us to see if we can figure out how to get out of this room! It must be like some sort of game where we have to escape, or something. And if that's true..." Sorey turned from side-to-side, scanning the room with an excited look on his face. "There must be clues to help us! This is going to be so much fun!"