.11

'Okay... I- Josh, I don't know what to do!' I cried, my hands shaking, and my voice too.
'Have you got your phone? Or, I dunno, a torch?' he asked, his voice disembodied in the dark room.
'My...? My phone, yeah, here.'
I grabbed the device and tried to turn it on, but I dropped it as my fingers slipped.
'Fuck!' I yelled, tensions high.
'Calm. Slowly, pick it up. It's not broken- stay calm.' Josh's voice was low and soothing as I collected myself enough to bend down and grab the phone.
I held it tightly in both hands, moving slowly to turn the torch on.
'Wuhey!' Josh cheered, the light illuminating the relieved look on his face, and the blood running between his fingers.
'Josh!' I gasped. He was really bleeding.
'Oh, Christ, I don't know what to do! This is all my fault!' I rushed the words in a single breath as my hands shook, enough for the light from my phone to shudder around the room.
'Shh.' Josh soothed.
'Get me to the kitchen. That's all. Then we'll go from there.'
I nodded frantically, grabbing his arm and holding him tightly against me.
I shined the light at the floor, so both me and Josh could navigate the way to the kitchen without any more accidents.
'You're doing great.' he murmured as my heartbeat traced my fingers.
His voice was calming, but my breathing still hitched as the darkness around me closed in.
'You're doing great. You can do it.'

~~