Chapter 1

Hazel's P.O.V

"Come out, come out wherever you are!" A boy with a furry tail and fangs calls out.

Tufts of long blonde hair pokes out from behind a big tree.

He smirks in response.

"Gotcha!" He shouts, hugging the small girl from behind. She squeals in surprise.

"Conan! You scared me!" The small girl whimpers out.

"Sorry Hazel. I didn't mean to." Conan says, slightly sad

"It's ok. I like being around you." Hazel says with a small blush.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I love you Conan." She says, turning around and kissing him on the cheek...

"HAZEL!!" I hear someone scream in my ear.

"Huh! Wha?" I say as I sit up on my bed. I fell asleep with my headphones on again. Great.

I glare at my older brother.

"What do yo want, Hunter?"

"Mum wants you." He says before walking out the door, leaving me in a daze.

That's the third time this week I've had that dream. It's a dream of Conan and I when we were younger. Only I can't remember what happens after that kiss. And I never get to see because I always get woken up when I get to that part.

"HAZEL!! Get down here now!!" My mother yells from downstairs.

"Coming!" I say, as I slip on my red hoodie.

I jump down the stairs, missing two at a time. But not until the last step, my foot catches, and I fall flat on my face.

My brother bursts out laughing at my state.

"IT'S NOT FUNNY!" I hiss at him, while I pick myslef up from the floor.

"Then why am I laughing?" He says between gasps for air.

In return he gets a slap in the back of the head. - From mum.

"Go cut the firewood Hunter." She says sternly.

"And Hazel. I want you to bring these suppiles to your Grandma. She's sick." She says handing me a basket filled with scones, apples and bottle of whisky. I raise an eyebrow at the whisky. Asking her an unspoken question.

"It's to help her sleep." She says bluntly.

"Ok." Is all I say. I know better than to question my mother.

So, basket in hand, I head of to my Grandmother's house. But I still wonder why she HAS to live in the middle of the woods.

"I just hope I don't run into him." I mutter under my breath.

"Run into who?" I hear the voice of the very person I DON'T want to see.

"What do you want Zack?" I say, not even bothering to turn around.

"What? Can I not even ask you a question?" He says cockily, grabbing my chin from behind. Ugh.

"No." I say bluntly. Shoving his cocky self off me.

"So I can?" He says, sort of confused by my answer.

"No. You can't. Gotta go." I say, while walking off to the forest path entrance.

"Grandma sick again?"

"Huh? Wha?" I say, spinning around to face him.

"That's the only reason you go in there anymore." He says shrugging.