Part 5

I am so horrible to you guys... Since it's been awhile since I've updated, I'm going to switch people by chapter so I have time to think and you guys can get suspense, hopefully not too much. I'm also going to force myself to write a chapter directly after this so yeah! I'm still so sorry for not updating...

The door opened with a slow creak, I can't see him because I'm behind the side of the couch that was facing away from him. I had no idea how he would react in te first place and quite frankly, I'm nervous to find out, If I found myself in that situation I'd probably be thinking "What the flake" but he's nothing like me.

While he was gone, I took all the pocket knives, and I mean all of them, and measured the approximate distance it would take the door to open. From there, I stuck all the pocket knives in a half circle around the door, trapping him there for a few seconds, giving me time to look past him from the couch.

He was looking down, stunned at all his knives neatly trapping him in the doorway for that short amount of time. What I saw past him made me a little bit more confident but not by a lot. We were somewhere in the woods, we had to be right outside the city somewhere but of course, I couldn't know where for sure.

I stopped looking so he wouldn't catch me and I sat up straight and closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep just before I pulled out some of my hair clips and places them in a softly closed hand. I heard him drop the plastic bag he was carrying and I listened as he pulled out some pocket knives before picking up the bag again and took a jump over the pocket knives. I slowed my breathing as his footsteps came closer to me and when they finally stopped, I had to keep myself from shaking.

Not the best thing you can do Flaky!

I felt the floorboards shift has he did something, probably sitting or crouching down and started running his hand through my hair, carefully taking my clips out. Now I'm kind of glad I thought this up if I hadn't I would have no more hair clips, no more defense. When he was all done and just starting to stand, I leaped up and pushed him back, throwing the hair clips in my closed fist in the direction of his stunned face.

I ran to the door Yes! I cheered Since he was too busy worrying about the knives, he left it open for me! I jumped over the pocket lives, making sure not to land on the ones he pulled out and also making sure to grab one. I ran to freedom, barefoot in the woods, I ran to the left of the house, I don't know why but some logic in my head said that the right of the house would only lead deeper into the house and that the front of the house would make it took easy for him to follow me.

I heard him yell in pure anger if he catches me who knows what I'll have to go through, plus I hurt him and that alone is dumb. I couldn't hear him behind me but that was because I was running as fast as I could, slapping away plants from my face. I came across a giant oak tree, any logical person would consider climbing it or climing into teh rabbit hole in the ground under it but that would be too easy for him o I kept running. if anything, if he thought I was there it would slow him down.

Not once in my life have I had to think so much, not unless you count that time I went to the fair with Petunia and Giggles. My heart started throbbing for them.

I had to stop, and once I did, I realized it was dead quiet. I tried to breathe more quietly but I just couldn't, I had been running so hard, so fast! I scramble into some bushes, looking at the pocket knife in my hand, if he catched me I have to defence myself but I would be hurting him even more. I almost stopped breathign entirely when he showed up, right infront of me, I instinctvley gripped the pocket knife even tighter.

He looked dead at the bush and I realized something, the pocket knife was reflecting in the sunlight, directly into his eyes! He lunged for me taking hold of my arms and throwing me out of the bush and into plain sight. He came onto me, really pissed but exited due to teh thrill of the chase. I started flailing my arms and I hit him with the knife, somwhere and that got him off me for a second, letting me kick him in teh stomach and scramble to my feet but I didn't even get to run far enough before he grbbed my fot and pulled me dawn, hard.

I look up at him, terrified of was yet to come "You're somethin else" He growled before hitting me in the head with teh butt of the knife, knocking me out cold.

What do you think?