6

Mateo and John in the MM.

___

Zailey Harris

After school ended and everybody was walking out of Chorus, I lingered because I wanted to speak to Mateo.

"Hi, Mateo" I waved and smiled at him.

He looked down at me and chuckled. "Wazzam, Nic."

I frowned and then quickly realized he had given me a nickname. He held the door open and I walked out with him following behind me.

"I just wanted to say that you have a beautiful voice and your song was amazing." I smiled up at him while we walked down the hallway.

"Thank you, shawty." He licked his lips while looking down at me.

I froze because boys in New York always say that but I shrugged it off. Boys say that everywhere.

"Your welcome." I grinned up at him.

There was an awkward silence while we looked at each other.

"Uhh, I'm going to go now. Bye."

"Bye." He laughed and headed in the opposite direction.

I went to the water fountain and took a couple of sips before heading to my car.

"Zailey!" I turned around to see my brother running to catch up with me.

"It's Nicole." I put up air quotes.

"Oh, yeah." He rolled his eyes. "Anyways, what changed since lunch?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well you was all like "t-thats h-him, t-the killer!" and now you smiling in his face." Zaiden laughed.

I slapped his arm. "Shut up!"

"It's true." He shrugged.

"I was just telling him he can sing. I have Chorus with him and let me tell you, that boy's voice is angelic."

"You can sing too."

"What's your point?"

"You act like it's so amazing when you know how."

We got inside my car and I put our new address in the GPS to head back home since I didn't remember the way yet.

"It is, you just have to hear it."

"Eh, I don't care to."

When we got home, Tameka was in the kitchen cooking.

We greeted her and then went to go shower and change.

After cleansing myself, I put on shorts and a tank top. It's weird to wear this kind of stuff but I like it. I laid down on my bed and grabbed my phone.

Zachary was on my mind. I really, really miss him. I decided to go on his twitter and read his recent tweets.

@ZachTrendyMe : Where tf is Ley man? She wasn't in school today. I miss her. 💔

@ZachTrendyMe : @ZaileyHarris need to reply to my text. I need to know if she alright or not 😔

I felt so bad that I wasn't allowed to reply, retweet or like any of his tweets. I just need to let him know I'm okay. I'm in danger, yes, but I'm okay as of now.

I checked my notifications and I saw a lot of people tagging me in tweets, asking me where I was. Rachel, the cheerleaders, family. I just logged off. There could be no activity on my account.