Ëîghtëëñ

Phoebes POV,

I stop in front of his house. The goosebumps on my arms and legs are very visible, it's freezing cold and I am wearing basically nothing. I see cars in the drive way, well three others and his.

His family are home. What was I thinking? I can't turn up at this ridiculous time and ring the doorbell. Or knock on the door. This was a stupid idea.

Why did I decide to run to him anyway? I guess he helped me once, and I took it to my heart? I don't know, someone explain my feelings please.

I walk to the door and stand in front of it as if I didn't know what to do. The truth is, I didn't. I didn't want his family waking up and finding a young girl in underwear and a dressing gown on their door step asking for Brad.

Maybe it's normal for them, maybe Brad has girls around all the time? But then I don't think that he is like that. I didn't want them to see me, I'd be too ashamed.

I turn on my heel and walk away, looking back over my shoulder to the house. His room is on the other side, over looking the large garden. I guess his parents or whatever have a lot of money to be able to afford this. Maybe that's why it is so easy for him to do what he does.

As I am about to leave and wonder the streets freezing my butt off I see a gate which leads into the back garden. I could throw rocks at his window to wake him up? That was a great idea.

I make my way to the gate and slowly open it, it's basically pitch black so making out what everything is is kind of hard. I think he has a dog, but it doesn't look like its outside. I take it as my chance and feel the floor for a few rocks.

Okaii, time to see if I can aim at the right window. I know which it is, but hitting it is the harder bit. As I get ready I feel stupid, but the coldness of the night encourages me to throw the rock lightly and it hits his window. I smile and wait a little bit but he doesn't get up.

I throw another and then another and still Brad doesn't get up. Maybe he's out? But his car... Just as I'm about to leave the lights switches on in the room and the window slowly opens.

"Phoebe?" He whisper shouts.

"Hiii!" I whisper back.

"What are you doing here? You crazy? Hang on," he whisper shouts and shuts the window again. The light turns off and I frown, but then the light in the kitchen turns on and the back door opens. By Brads feet is a golden retriever, she's cute and isn't barking, which is a good thing.

"Come in," he motions for me to do so and I do, looking down at my dirty feet as I enter his house. "You're freezing Phoebe," he looks at me puzzled, his eyes scanning me up and down. For some reason I become shy and feel embarrassed.

"Erm..." I don't know where to start or how to explain.

"Hang on stand there," he says and walks to the sink, getting a large plastic bucket sort of thing and filling it with warm water. The dog follows his every step, not even noticing me. It's cute, I wish I had a dog, or a cat. Or someone to keep me company. He comes back and puts it by my feet. He then takes my hand and leads me to stand in it. He's being so nice.

"Thanks," I blush, why am I blushing? Eugh. He smiles and gets a towel, putting it on the floor, and once my feet warmed up and cleaned I stand on it, bending over and dying myself. It makes it hard when I'm just in my underwear and a dressing gown. When I'm finished I smile and so does he. He gets rid of the towel and water and takes my hand leading me up the stairs. This is so weird and so not me, but I let him do as he wants, I mean I have woken him up. Once he closes the door to his room he goes to his draw getting his shirt and passing it to me.

"Thanks," I guess that's all I'm going to be doing, thanking this guy because somehow he always saves me or does something to make it all better. Is this good? Is this bad? Oh lord. I go to his ensuite and put it over my head. I look into the mirror and see the mess I am. Mascara running down my face from crying and messy bed hair. The clock my the sink reads 5:15 am. Oh god. I get some water and clean myself up a little, so I'm less of a pain to look at.

When I walk back in he's in his bed on his phone. I wish my bed was this big, it would surely be far more comfortable than the single I have. He sends me a smile and puts his phone on the side.

"I would pump up the guest bed but it's too loud..." He awkwardly scratches his neck.

"It's okaii I'll take the floor," I smile and whisper.

"Phoebe don't be silly," he looks at me and moves the douvet a bit revealing all the free space in his bed. This is so not okaii is it? I mean yeah he's cute and good looking and a lovely character but what would my mum think if she was here? "Phoebe I don't bite," he chuckles a little making me feel pathetic. I nod and lay down on the bed, on the side and close to the edge.

"That can't be comfortable," he whispers and turns off his bedside lamp. He has no idea that this is more comfortable than my own bed. His hand makes contact with my shoulder and he gently pushes on it, making me lay down on my back and he's right, this is so much better.

"Thanks?" I whisper and smile. His eyes almost glow in the dark, and his smile is visible too.

"It's okaii sweet, I'd ask you what brings you here but that would be a stupid question right now wouldn't it?" He whispers close to my ear making a shiver go down my spine. There's a sort of huskiness in his whisper and I can't even reply so I shake my head.

"K-kinda," I stutter. I see Brad frown.

"I'm not gonna hurt you," now he thinks I'm stuttering because I think he's gonna hurt me? No way, I'm stuttering because he's too much. I nod and cuddle up to him. I feel him relax and his arms soon lock around me. I didn't want him to think that I was scared of him, and I didn't know if cuddling up to him was a good thing or not.

"Try to sleep okaii?" He pulls me closer as he gets comfortable and closes his eyes. I do the same, and for the first time in a while, I feel safe going to sleep.

🌸this must be the longest chapter yet! Can you tell I'm getting into it now? Vote and comment please!🌸