chapter twenty three

"baby you live in the middle of nowhere" kylie whined, slouching down in her seat as tom laughed. they've only been driving for a mere thirty minutes but to kylie it felt like thirty hours. she was jet lagged and wanted nothing more than to sleep for six years. "why don't you just sleep now? i don't see why you're so against sleeping in cars".

"because what if something amazing happens and i'm asleep so i don't see it? a lot of amazing things can happen in cars, tom!"

"if something amazing happens i'll wake you" tom chuckled, wanting kylie to get some rest. she was the most stubborn person ever so e knew it was going to be quite the challenge. "tom i can read you like a book. you want me to get some sleep, meaning you won't wake me if something amazing happens. i mean what if there's a rare pokemon nearby? you won't wake me, because you don't play the game, meaning you won't know if there's a pokeon nearby. or what if--"

"i'm not gonna win here, am i?"

"not a chance" kylie smirked, reaching over the centre console and lacing her fingers together with tom's. tom smiled, loving the feeling of her hand in his. if you had asked tom six years ago wether he wanted a girlfriend he wouldn't have even thought before saying no. but then kylie came along and it had changed everything. sure he had always had a little crush on her even before they met, and then when he found out that they'd be in a movie together his heart skipped a beat. it wasn't until the kissing scene he realised he was completely crazy about her. "quick question. me or andrew garfield?"

"andrew garfield, for sure" kylie joked, leaning over the centre console and pressing her lips to tom's cheek. she let her lip linger, moving her hand around to the nape of tom's neck. "thanks for letting me stay with you".

"i'm sure you'll find a way to repay me" tom teasingly smirked and kylie raised an eyebrow, sifting back down in the passengers seat. "it's always the quiet ones that surprise you..."

---

private chat
[2 participants]

nicholas
hey kylie

read 19;16pm