Alley Cat

Alley Cat

The sound of my harsh breathing as I scurry down the street is all I can hear. The fact that Marco kicked me out because Carly wanted me gone still pisses me off. Sure there is the fact that I broke Carly’s nose by smashing my fist into her face may have had something to do with it. She was a bitch and she hated me because I’m smart and strong while she’s only a pretty face. And it’s not even that pretty in my opinion. Sure it might have been prettier without a broken nose but I think the nose adds character. She deserved it. Lashing out I slam my foot into an empty trash can and swear when it makes a resounding crash that breaks the silence. My adrenaline starts pumping and I glance around me quickly as it finally dawns on me how dangerous it is for me to be out on the street. At any moment a nightwalker could come and claim me as a meal.

Suddenly I see a shadow slip around the edge of a building the moment I see it. I run. On a bad day I’m fast meaning on a good day like today and with adrenalin pumping through my veins I’m almost impossible to catch. The shadows are my friends and I can hide in plain sight and still be invisible. Unfortunately I know I can run or hide from what’s hunting me now. I’m simply delaying the inevitable. When a nightwalker is on your heels nothing can stop them from catching their prey.

I don’t get very far before I feel myself falling and landing head first onto the ground. Groaning I roll onto my back as I feel blood trickle down the side of my face. “Look at her Kristopher she’s hurt,” the voice is deadly and cold. It washes over my like a blanket and makes me feel dirtier than I already am. Shivers rack my body and the blood loss is already making me feel woozy.

“She looks quite appealing all bloody and weak,” answers a masculine voice, which must belong to Kristopher. “Come, come Marjorie let’s take our little snack back to the house before… digging in.” A gasp escapes my lips and I pass out from the sudden movement of my body.

~

When I come to I’m lying on a bed my arms and legs tied to the bed posts. A whimper escapes my lips as I look down to see that all I’m wearing is my bra and undies. Leather cuffs hold my wrists and ankles bound and even when I tug on them all they do is chafe. Panic sinks into me and I begin to thrash wildly trying to free myself.

I shouldn’t have gone out at night. Everyone in the city knows better than to go out at night without a strong protector to keep you safe. Damn Marco! Damn Carly! Marco had been my protector since I was twelve and he figured out how good I was at finding out information that others were trying to keep hidden. He never did figure out how I did it and I never told him about my connections or special skills. But look where they’ve landed me. I was a rarely spoken name, Alley Cat, was a name that only a few knew about. Alley Cat is my alias but also my name, Alexandra Catherine. If I had been given a bit more time I could have been the best informant and cat thief in the city.

“Inject her first I love it when they cry and scream in pain,” I hadn’t even realized that my eyes had closed until I hear Marjorie’s voice. My eyes fly open as I turn to see her and Kristopher standing over me. “Look she’s awake!”

Kristopher holds up a syringe and begins to fill it, “Good it’s always better when they beg.”

Begging is on the tip of my tongue but once he says that I push the begging away, “Just kill me.” If I beg, I give in, and I would hate to die knowing I was weak. Weakness will get you killed in the slums. And even though I know I’m going to die I don’t want to go down weak.

Both turn to look down at me before bursting into laughter. “Don’t worry my little lamb you will be dead by the time the sun rises but until then we will have our fun.” His words send chills down my spine and goose-bumps cover my skin. He comes over and jabs the needle into my arm injecting me with what feels like ice cold water. I let loose bloodcurdling scream that seems to be ripped from my throat. Their cruel laughter fills the room as they watch me writhe in pain. Slowly the pain fades to a dull ache and after that everything comes in flashes.

Blood.

Pain.

Darkness.

Their hands on my body painting me with my own blood. Fangs sinking into my flesh and draining me dry. Amusement since I seem unable to die. And then sweet, thick liquid being poured down my throat. It tastes like life and I drink it greedily as they both feed it to me. I don’t want to die.

Nothing.  All of a sudden I’m alone in the room with all the blood and pain still hanging in the air.

I can’t move.

I can’t breathe.

My face is turned toward the window which has the curtains pulled back. The sun is just starting to peak over the edge of the trees spilling sunlight into the room. My eyes soak up the light which will be the last thing they see. Something so pretty and untainted by darkness. I can feel my lips start to curl into the tiniest of smiles as the sun breaks fully over the trees and covers me in sunlight. The heat is unbearable compared to the coldness I’ve endured. It hurts. The sun hurts and yet I love the feel of it. I close my eyes as I feel the sun burn me.

It hurts and I love it. I know that if I can feel pain then I must still be alive. Sadly the pain is fading. Slowly my entire body begins to grower colder and my eyes grow too heavy to hold open and fall closed. In this last moment of cold and dark I die.

A/N

Here it is my darling readers! This is the first part of my other new story. I've got two up so if you haven't read the first chapter of The Sea Witch's Alpha Wolf you should go check it out! Let me know what you think of the beginning of this... I'm very excited to be writing a vampire story and this is my first vampire centered story so enjoy :D

Vote and comment please!!!