Chapter 2-Manouvers

Artouron stood and spoke to the masses of people who came to see him, the King stood to one side, evidently the Lord of Acroclestia had won over the people with his grace and charm. The Astartes stood head and shoulder over the common people in blue-black squares, celebrations filled the night. Angels walked among men and so the Titans would be driven back and purged utterly. The Primarch spoke, his tones rich and full of confidence and charisma,

People of this world, of this city I am honored to meet such a people as you. Who have struggled against beasts that would drive many to despair and to madness. And you have thrived in spite of that. A great feat, but now you need not dwell so. My sons and I will avenge your dead, you shall build houses from the skulls of Titans we fell as you spread forth across this planet. We shall purge the beasts.

He returned the salute of the soldiers who were listening to him, a gauntlet banging against his chestplate. Artouron did not belive in long speeches. He was more for action and inspiring by deed and by the legend of deeds. He led his legion to where they had been permitted to make camp in the outer cites, they set to work repairing the walls. The primarch and his sister sat in council.

"Serenity, my Librarians report that all is not well on this world. Malevolence is at work somewhere. This may take more than a purge operation against beasts." Serenity nodded in reply. "Perhaps we may have to take control of this world brother. Due to the wall damage I have taken the liberty of summoning Peturabo and Rogal and their Legions to assist." Allanor winced, the things he could barely stand were few and far between and Rogal and Peturabo arguing was one of them.

"Are you sure sister that the arrival of the Fists and the Warriors would help the situation? Rogal and Peturabo, they don't get along." The Primarch looked at his sister to make her reconsider, the fortresses the II legion had built, the Acropoli had held against far worse then the Titans on this planet. "None the less they are the best engineers in the Imperium." Allanor led the way out of his tent, in the distance the II legion had been working to build something to defend the breach in Maria.

"Let it be said that the II legion is an excellent force of Astartes and my sons are among the most well-rounded of warriors." Artouron spoke true for bastions had been built by the First Swords that both Peturabo and Dorn had confessed they would be hard pressed to breach with their Legions. The First Swords took pride in their work.

Allanors comms beeped. "Allanor here." My Lord I am reading multiple contacts approaching the city." A Thunderhawk circled overhead looking down at shapes that were appearing in the breach. Space Marines moved through the streets. Artouron had pitched his tent in a ruined warehouse that had been stepped on by a Titan in some previous raid. He mounted his jetbike and sped down the street as bolters began barking as the first titans attacked the breech in wall Maria.

----------------------

Chief Librarian Adiro Valkas walked into the citadel his helmet clutched at his side under one arm. His power sword was secure at his waste as was a plasma pistol. The officials coming and going seemed to give him a wide girth. Behind him came Lord Apothecary Peldanos Dilaran. The apothecary kept his helmet on to hide the fact that a fourth of his face had been badly scarred.

The two space marines asked for directions to the proper courtroom. They could hear heated voices coming from inside. Two Military Police officers stepped forward. "You do not have....." The sergeants words died on his lips. "Go right in Honored Lords." The two Space marines ducked into the courtroom. A grim situation was here. They had heard from the Primarch that this was a tribunal concerning one of the Scout Corps

The judge looked up at the two Space Marines against the back wall he was old and the arrival of the Space Marines so called was something he had found a slight annoyance. But they seemed to be standing in the back of the room. Then Captain Levy came forward to offer his appraisal of the situation of Eren Jaeger the one who was tied up.

Valkas looked at the crowd, there were friends of Mr Jaeger a black haired girl and a blond haired boy who had it to about his ears. They seemed to be concerned about the fate of the boy who was sitting on his knees chained to an iron post. Valkas did not probe the minds of the people present he could sense the emotions that boiled around the room. Memories came back to him of a breach of Rose earlier, the day before the arrival of the Legion, this Eren Jaeger had morphed into a Titan.

Dilaran tapped him on the shoulder, Levy had kicked Eren in the face and was proceeding to smash him in the gut. Valkas raised an eyebrow at the whole business. If the II legion needed to do something like this there would be a investigation. The Primarch would preside and the business would not involve anyone getting hit.