Chapter 3 War

"Contact dead ahead, multiple 5 Meters. Count 6 we need backup. There are a lot of them."

"Affirmative captain Adros. I am on my way."

Lord Commander Tykon Gaheren of the 5th Great Company stepped down the ramp from the front of his Land-raider, he drew his Bolter as the form of a 5 meter came hurtling over the line of defense that extended between the edges of the gap in the wall, the 5th, 1st and 7th Great companies were on the guard of the city, several blocks were mined and then blown claiming several titans. Killing teams were on them in seconds with bombs, bolters and swords.

"Some of the buggers will jump, be on the lookout."

Gaheren advanced with his command squad, the Librarian Isak Dakos, opened fire with his mind sending a large ball of flame at a 15m that was coming towards them. The Land-Raider finished it off with a las bolt from one of the quad-cannons on the massive vehicles hull. The space marines looked for threats, the titans could be destroyed with a well placed bolter round to the neck. Destroy their necks was the name of the game so called.

-----------------------------

In the trial room the two Marines stood at the back as Levy dished out a beating on Erin. He seemed cold and clinical as he did so. The two space marines had seen things like it before. One woman in glasses with a scout badge on her jacket looked at Dilaran and the Helix on his shoulder. The judge seemed to follow her gaze toward the two marines. "Will our esteemed guests come forward, perhaps they can shed light on this, business. Check him over and such"

The two marines advanced down the isle, everyone seemed to treat Astartes with respect and a bit of fear. The two senior officers of the Legion stood behind Erins post as he hacked up blood from Levys brutality. Dilaran spoke first, "He killed twenty titans corporal?" The space marine medic removed his helmet with a hiss of seals. He placed it on the ground as he knelt beside the wounded boy. Levy gave him a few more smacks to the gut. Dilaran looked at him. "You know he could bleed internally, lungs flood with blood. seen it happen and it is not pretty." Levy just rolled his eyes.

The Chief Librarian began to sift into Erins mind looking for something, anything. The memories were very distant. The judge looked at the two space marines. He seemed like he had forgotten something. "Ahh, yes call me Adrio, and my associate and esteemed battle brother Peldanos. I am Chief Librarian of the II legion and he is the Chief Apothecary." Levy stood with his boot on Erins head.

Peldanos looked at Erin, he was bleeding badly, no he was bruised. While the Space Marines conducted their examination, Erin would not feel the Chief Librarian probing his mind. Valkas had been well trained in the art of probing without being felt. The business of letting the Space Marines near the prisoner, they were trained soldiers by the look of them. And well they had killed many Titans. Everyone in the city had crowded onto the walls and watched the Angels fight, the old judge included.

A officer in the crowd raised his hand, the two space marines looked up. "I have a proposal sir. Erins potential is still unknown I propose we take Erin, with Levy and the two warriors out beyond the wall." Levy looked to the judge. "I can handle Erin should anything happen." The young scientist, she had the look of a scientist and her mind seemed to Valkan to indicate it. Rational thought patterns and a desire to understand Erin

Dilaran looked to the judge. His mouth was twisted into a sneer from a shrapnel wound. Leaving a scar, his hair was cut short as was most space marines. "I see no problem with that a sortie outside." With that the two Marines left and the tribunal adjourned. Dilaran went to see to Erin Jaeger a bit more privately. In the company of Levy.

------------------------------

The thunder-hawk entered the atmosphere rapidly, it would not be seen by Atrouron and his warriors although it was known to the II Legion that these warriors would be arriving, these were of another legion, one that struck from the shadows, their leader and progenitor known as the Night Haunter. He sat in the back as his sons spoke litanies over their weapons and prepared his own trademark claws.

"Pilot, how long until drop"

"Three minutes to drop zone Lord Curze." sounded in his collar.

"Good." He smiled under his dark hair, the thought of shedding blood always interested him. Made him feel happy inside, the business of fighting these Titans so called would be bloody. Oh so very bloody and messy, some in the Imperial Adeptus Medicae and some Night Lords Apothecaries feared that the tendancies of the Blood Angels, the after effects of Sanguinius's headache after Sereinty redeemed Horus and the others could spread.

The drop came up and the door opened. Konrad led the way the air rushing in buffeted him, he looked out at the forest below. He activated his jump pack and then fell, the engines ignited, two squads of the Night Lords veterans dropped behind him. The Haunting of the Walking Towers had begun.