The Battle

The insults that were thrown to the other were unbearable. A harsh word, a tavern fight, a raid. One thing led to another and soon war was unavoidable.

The king of the White Clan stayed behind the lines next to his queen while the soldiers moved into position.

The first of the White Clan, a mere pawn, took two steps forward. The Black Clan answered in a slow advance. More soldiers advanced on both sides. The first of blood was drawn when a White soldier slew a Black.

Fear shook the White Clan as the Black line opened and a fearsome warrior appeared. Soon the Black Rook took his first victim. He sliced his way through until he was on the side of the opposing team. While the small soldiers fought and died, the Black Rook continued to stand. He moved in and killed a knight.

The angered White king saw his warriors lying dead on the side, and he advanced. The Black Rook killed the Bishop but his killing was brought to an end as the White King took him.

The Black Clan had the upper hand, and the White king realized he only had a few soldiers, a knight and a Bishop left. He ordered his Queen to lead the next advance. She rode out and took more than the Black Rook had. It appeared to be in the White Clan's favor. But as the King rode out to seal the victory, he found he was blocked. The White knight ran to the king's aid, but as the Black Rook slew another, he turned his black face to the king. The knight would not reach the king in time, and the queen was fighting a battle of her own. The battle was lost.

As the Rook rushed toward the White King he knocked him to the ground. Sliding across the black and white floor, the king fell. The Black Clan's victory was sealed and the battle was won.